As many of you know, I use a PC for the DVD player and receiver functions of my home theater. The DVD-ROM goes to the TV (courtesy of a Sigma Designs RealMagic Hollywood Plus), and the TV's sound comes into a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card, with the speakers mounted in my living room. (Both the TV and my DirecTV receiver have only 2 audio output channels, so I run the sound out of the TV so that I can use the remote to adjust the volume. It connects to the SBLive's line in using a 2-RCA to 1/8" stereo Y-adapter.) Yesterday, I moved the old 4-speaker-plus-subwoofer surround system upstairs to my office/gaming den and installed an Altec Lansing 5.1 system. I installed the latest Creative drivers and apps on the Windows 2000 machine (P3-550, 256 MB RAM) that powers the system, and ran the Creative speaker setup. It passed the test (I could hear the woman's voice saying "front left", "front right", etc.) with flying colors. However, the TV's sound only plays from the 4 surround speakers. I thought maybe it was just a limitation of the 2-channel audio, so I fired up a couple MP3 files--still nothing from the center channel. Does anyone know why the sound card can convert the left-right input from the TV into 4-channel surround but not into Dolby 5.1 channel? Is there some utility I can download or some sort of adapter I can buy that can make the TV sound extrapolate properly?