Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Progress Reports

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar

Daily Progress Reports

Last night was so awesome, I don't even know where to begin. I had a great time with you guys. I know that this is still new and were learning, but our team skills from working together in other games really shows. I knew the roles that everyone was performing and how we were able to stick together and gain those cool exp points. I'm not sure if being a battlemaster 3 is a big deal or not, but it was good to gain those levels.
    I wanna give a 'your number one' to my buddy Hale. He just couldn't wait to get a good stretch of open road to mow me down. I'm starting to feel like I should be the mack truck dog hood ornoment. for Hale's vehicles.

I also wanna thank Soul a.k.a (Franks&Beans) for hooking up with us and playing. It was good to see him actually playing a video game with people for once. He must have hit a roadblock with his "do it yourself" boat model kit (inside joke).

Hopefully we will be able to hit the same server tonight and continue or progess.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    The battle for that tower and the subsequent battle to hold it was great. That made the whole night worth the price of admission. That MAX in the basement of the tower was a bitch! I loved all the littered bodies and carnage that laid around at the end.

Someone needs to train in MAX armor. I think we need at least on in our little group.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I will train in MAX armor tonight. Maybe we should have two MAX guys to even out the mix?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Yeah, last night was great. It was pretty funny that we spent an hour getting ready and into a battle zone then I proceed to clip a building and spin the Galaxy out of control - killing us all.

Some of the tower and base battles were epic. Despite the 15 minute wait on Aja (which got tedious) the experience of over 3200 for the capture made it more than worthwhile.

Having a squad of 7 or 8 guys run into a hostile base complex sparked a sense of "deja-vu" (for lack of a better term.) At first I couldn't place it, but then I realized - the armor, the airpower, the long waits and intense fights reminded me strongly of the Iraq war. I've played BF 1942 since we went to war and for me it simply doesn't have the same feeling.

Hard to describe, but maybe some of you have felt it too. Coming across a bridge in our cool armor column - heading into enemy fire, slowly (or not) steering your vehicle around burned out husks of enemy tanks while infantry men run along side you. Wild stuff. Even for a beta, truly memorable.

Last night after eveyone logged off, I went back in and certed for "Deployer". It's a mini-van type of vehicle with 2 guns on top. Carries a driver, 2 passengers and 2 gunners. Fast as hell, and it can also traverse rivers at a reduction to 30% of its top speed. I figured that this would help us deploy our squad when we don't have access to a base with Galaxy purchase capability.

This morning I wanted to try out the Deployer, so I hopped on and bought one. A couple of guys jumped in and we headed to a base of ours that the enemy was in the process of capturing. We retook the control console ("flag") and I hopped back in my Deployer and parked it outside the front door. Enemies began streaming from a tower just over a hill. I moved to one of the gunner positions and with the help of two maxes and a lightning, we held off a constant onslaught of cloakers, Maxes and regular infantry. We must have killed 20 guys before the base flipped to our control. I ran out of ammo at one point and had to make a run for another Deployer (in the process, carrying 3 more people to the "front".)

After a few more kills, it was time to leave for work.

I'm battle level 3, certified in the Galaxy and Deployer, and working on Hacking next.

Hoorah.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

We should have 2 MAXs, a Galaxy will hold two and they are designed to keep pace with most ground vehicles.

I need to cert in armor with more room. I can't carry all that engineer crap in my little backpack. I'm still not quite sure how to figure out if people outside our squad have damaged armor. All I see is the health bar.

We should also have a medic. I could do both, but then I wouldn't have room for any weapons.

I'd also recommend that someone cert in a tank of some sort. Preferably one we could load into a galaxy (beats me which ones they are).

Stitch, your good friend Choozoo ran you down. I was just a passenger; not that I wouldn't have done so, given the chance. I must say I was impressed how you drove your buggy off the bridge.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I use the Agile armor, and I have enough room for a med-kit, a ton of grenades and the "hacking tool". I ditched the pistol as I consider it useless. Grenades become my default #1 and I can carry 5 of them. Frags will damage armored vehicles and MAXes.

I guess a medic would have some use if you were trying to hold a base for the 15 minutes required to cap it. Seems to me in most cases that standard operating procedure should be to cap a tower or have a remote spawn station near a base before moving in, so you could just as soon spawn close and run over.

The little numbers for squad-mates are really helpful for getting organized, I think.
    Last edited by [AK]Squidly; 04-23-2003 at 06:11 AM.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

I'll have a character doing MAX stuff... so I guess I'm the second..

hopefully I have my discs today.. if not I might shoot the messenger..
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    Last night was a blast. The bridge battle, and skirmishes around the tower at the end of the night were intense. Up until around midnight, when most of our squad got dropped from the server, there was a pretty tough Terran counter attack massing. Thanks to everyone's efforts, I now have some minty fresh Certs to spend tonight. I'm going to pick up some anti-vehicular boomsticks, and give the new equipment a try. The NC has a cool rocket launcher that, when fired, a camera goes to the missile's point of view and you can fly it into your targets. I think our Squad is coming together nicely.

[By the way, we're playing NC on the Emerald server for those interested in joining up with us.]

I want my discs...
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Check this site out:

http://ps.crgaming.com/

Everything you need to know about planetside. Mostly.

I'm going to get my advanced combat engineer cert so I can start cranking out deployables. My goal is blow Stitch up with a mine (no grief points!)

Regarding medics, remember that you can't get MAX armor at an AMS and that advanced medics can bring back the dead. I believe a terminal will only give out MAX armor once every 5 minutes (I think).

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

So, all you people are on Emerald as NC? I thought Beryl as NC was the place to be.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

I was going to train in at least the anti vehicle MAX.

It can take down enemy MAX's so fast it'll make you cry. The other night I was defending an enemy base after someone hacked it along with 20 or so other people. I was in my AV MAX at the command console just defending. Then the call when up that 2 TR anti infantry MAX's were anchored on a ridge just outside the wall killing any who came out onto the catwalks. They were part of an assault team that got beat but they must have been trying to suppress while their cohorts got back together. Well our guys were having a hell of a time since we had no one with rockets or anything and the AP ammo does a little but not enough to those two.

I came out of the command room, a door led right out onto the catwalks, and destroyed both MAX's with about 3 shots each then dealt with a mosquito and hurt a reaver enough that he killed me with missles, but the other guys got it with AP ammo. They were impressed. The enemy MAX's were wreaking havoc, apparently, till I wasted them like they were infantry. I was not unscathed but did not take a lot of damage from the maxes, the reaver was a pain.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

Emerald as NC now, gotcha.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    Since we can't delete characters right now, we had some people mixed up with other empires on Beryl, and we couldn't play on the same team. Emerald opened up last night, and since no one had any characters registered on there, we could all start fresh on the same team.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    BTW, we saw a Palooka running around but I guess it wasn't you?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.