View Poll Results: Are you buying this game?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 47.62%
  • Maybe

5 23.81%
  • Time will tell

3 14.29%
  • No way!

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So lets Vote! Who going to shell 50 Bucks

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Planetside to be or not to be.
    Last edited by [AK]Rocks; 05-07-2003 at 04:00 AM.

August Knights

Wait. You're holding a poll for who is going to buy PlanetSide, but the only people allowed to vote are the ones buying PlanetSide?
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

really... when did we become communists?.. j/k

Next thing you know Palooka will be telling us what games we MUST buy, and if we don't we shall no longer breathe air.. kidding once again...
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

I believe Palooka realy would know what games are best for us. At least those loyal to Him.

/eyes Slaughter suspiciously.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

August Knights

Ok, you got me, but the word I forget was of the beta players. So any no need to worry since all Ak'ers Credit Card;s have been charged for a pre-order of Planet Side. Its the new way. See ya Dalton! Don;t check your balances, I was just kidding!

Only 13 days left to vote.

I put my response down as "Time will tell."

1) I found the game to be more addictive than EQ, although I did want something to take away my EQ addiction.. I didn't want something that I would play more and sleep less.

2) Kinda going through an anti-gaming phase this week. I haven't even really played EQ, cept to log on and talk to a couple people for a few minutes.

3) I think RVS would be a great direction for us to go in and I think we could do really well on the ladder.

4) I don't really need another payment on top of EQ unless its SW:G. How is that game looking Bribo?... *points at a private forum* Oh yeah... NDA....
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

I may
    **I just have nothing cool enough to put here**

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    At 8 Yes votes looks like I'm a definate Yes vote here. I'll probably sign up for a 3 month stint and see how it goes.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights

Right now I'm doing A Tale in the Desert, which is a really different kind of gaming experience. It's very peaceful.

I'll probably be up for some adrenaline in a month or so. It'll be fun to learn a new game system and blow things up, but I still don't see the long-term point of a competitive game that nobody wins. I'm open to being convinced, but I don't see it yet.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

August Knights

I agree with Bribo, with eight Yes's already, we have a directions. 12 more voting days folks!

I think anyone of us would pay the $50 for the game. The issue really is who wants to shell out $12.95/month for a MMOFPS? Considering all the other fps's out there are free, it's a little difficult to justify having the same price as an MMORPG.
    I don't like the strategy of just pricing the same as all the other MMO's out there because people are paying those prices.

-If they can show bring me new content every month then you have an arguement, but I haven't seen any plans that ambitious.
    -Plus, we only have 12 days until PS ships and they haven't officially told us what they'll be charging. The price was only figured out because EB is selling PS gamecards for the same price as EQ's, making it the 12.95 price...That isn't a customer friendly strategy.

-I love PS, I just hate shady business practices...
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Well done Hellbent, I agree entirely with what you said.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

August Knights

Details, Details... Anyway I do need to make the question. "I just shelled out 50 bucks and now will I pay 13 dollars a month to play? Or maybe "who will pay 206 dollars a year for the game"?

Its like your TV... You pay for the T.V then if you really want more than 3 channels you need to pay 30 bucks a month. Or your car where you pay ten of thousands and pay taxes every year to use roads. I hear what you are saying, but we have the same model of funding Infrastructure all over the place.

I buy a house and then pay for electric, gas and water monthly. HMMM!

I guess the real question isn't what you pay, but is it worth it. Dinner and a movie with all you AK'ers would be about the same as you pay for the game and monthly fee. That would be about 3 to 5 hours of relationship time. Maybe $206 dollar is a small price to pay for unlimited hour of fun with you gents.

All for one and one for all. Just one man opinion.

Only 11 voting days left..

Amazing that people can compare this to the free FPS games. When someone was using a speed hack in Counterstrike, I always loved it when a GM would come on and kick his ass out. I also loved when I got stuck on a glitched area of the map, I could /bug it and a GM would come move me to a safe spot. Oh wait, those never happened.

There is a reason those only have the initial costs and no monthly fee. Because once you own it, you don't get anything else out of the deal. Sure I love counterstrike, but I've accepted the fact that ghey people cheat and there are bugs. In PS, you don't have to accept that. You are paying for the fact you can play on the same server with 2000+ people, group up with them, be in an Outfit with your friends, and get continual support, patches, upgrades etc etc..

I've payed a heck of a lot more money for 1 night's worth of nothing, I don't see whats horrible about 10 or 12 bucks a month for something I can enjoy 24 hrs in a day if I chose to(of course after a couple months when they have the kinks out).

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I have reached a point where things are becoming boring to a small degree. We take a tower, we re-take a tower, we take a base, we wait 15min at the base, or we re-cap a base. We go to the next base. We get stuck on a bridge fot 2+ hours, we get across the bridge. And as you build your character up, you get points to aquire different cert's and implants. Your health doesn't increase, your stamina doesn't improve. Your Armour qualities do not go up either.

This helps in keeping things (even) but what if I only want to be a MAX, I should have benefits as I continue in levels. So after I get to level 12 I can then upgrade to the next MAX config. Or if I was a sniper, get the next best rifle and so forth. Not point bartering back and forth like it's a vegas game table.

I want Character progression. That should be the advantage to going higher up in levels.

So I've upgraded my status to a 'maybe' at this point.