Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars BF1942 mod beta is out!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I finally got a chance to play this for a little while last night, and it is pretty fun. I think the flechette gun needs to be toned down a bit...even the rocket launcher in Quake wasn't this powerful. As an aside, I wouldn't want to play anywhere without an admin--TKing seems to run rampant in this one. Maybe we should think about turning FF off and only putting it on when there's an admin on the server? Though that might upset people if it means the map/round would have to be restarted.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I turned FF off entirely a while back, but I saw last night that it was enabled again. I'm not sure why we would need FF on. Last night, I turned on the autokick/ban for TKing and made the server automatically punish TKers unless the person killed forgives the TKer.

Turning FF off really does not solve the problem, because people will still kill their own team's vehicles just to keep others from getting them first. I wish there was a way (other than observation) to punish vehicle/base killers.

I sat around both bases last night and observed many idiots killing people so they would not get to a vehicle (and killing vehicles out of spite). I warned a few folks, watched them do it again and then kicked/banned them.

I did this in the fairest way possible ... I hung out at both bases, waited for a vehicle, and if a teammate killed me to get it ... I banned them. Repeat ad infinitum until they get the point.

Really ... there's enough people wanting to play on the server that there's no need to give anyone a second chance after this sort of behaviour. All they need is a size 12 boot to the head.

Idiots ... so many idiots out there. You should really have to have a license to get on the Internet.
    Last edited by [AK]Abaddon; 08-10-2003 at 08:48 AM.
    [AK]Abaddon

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

FF was on again because the server crashed a few days ago, so all the settings reverted back to whatever is in the config file.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

That's cool ... I just did not want to take FF off again if you wanted it on. However, I think the auto kick/ban system is working. I saw several people kicked by it today.

We should not have to turn off FF ... people should not kill their teammates, intentionally, at least. :-)
    [AK]Abaddon