Thread: Is this for real?

RedDot Is this for real?

Anyone have this or know if this stuff is real?
    www.goback.com

[AK]NeverRetreat

Gateway seems to think so... It's installed on every single PC they ship these days...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I'm just a wee bit leery of GoBack. If you're running McAfee as your virus protection, don't run it. Taken from the University of Delaware's McAfee home page...

Some users have reported that Gateway's GOBACK program conflicts with McAfee's software. If your computer has this software, uninstall GOBACK before installing the McAfee software.
    I'd post the link with the full text, but you can't see the page unless you're dialed directly into the UD network (since you can download the McAfee program itself from the page. UD has a site license that covers every computer on its network; this way no one can download an unauthorized copy.)

And if it conflicts with one program, who knows what else it may conflict with. We have a fair number of Gateways in my support pool, but most of them are older, so I've yet to see the program in action.

------------------
    [AK]The Beast
    "Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption

Well, Goback will have problems with any virus protection software because it manipulates the MBR (master boot record) on the hard drive to do what it does. The same would be for boot managers (if you have a bunch of different OS's on the same box) and drive overlay programs. One of the things that virus protection does it protect the MBR with its life. This is because most virii manipulate the MBR so that it is loaded every time the machine is booted up.

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp