Thread: microsoft sidewinder force feedback stick

August Knights

microsoft sidewinder force feedback stick

I was recently given a sidewinder force feedback and I dont have a gameport on my Audigy card. I have the gameport to usb adapter but cant seem to get it to work.. Anyone have any suggestions?

you probably need your operating system to manually install the drivers. i got the same joystick (bless the five years i've put into this thing), and i run windows xp. xp didn't detect my joystick until i told it to auto-detect the right hardware and install the proper drivers. go to control panel, then game controllers; i'm sure you can figure out what to do from there.

August Knights

I think my problem is that it doesnt like the serial port to USB adapter. It auto detect a sidewinder 3d pro..but says not connected...so...i dont think it likes the cnnection. I guess I will have to put my old sound card back in if I want to use that joystick. Oh well....I dont know if I want to take out my Audigy just to use a joystick.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Why not just plug in the Gameport adapter that comes with the Audigy cards? I have mine hooked up right now and it works fine. If you didn't get a game port adapter, I'm sure you could buy one for a few bucks, I think it's worth it.

August Knights

well, it is suppose to plug into a game port...and I have no games ports on my pc...my audigy has firewire and no gameport. But, I do have a game port to USB adapter and thats where my problem is...It doesnt seem to want to work. Matter of fact, I have two adapters like that. Im not sure why it doesnt like it. Says it "not connected" even when it is...dunno???? So, I'm having to to stick with my broken thrustmaster top gun fox 2 pro until I figure it out. Everything works on it except the main trigger... I'll just make due with what I got until I figure it out