For those who played and enjoyed the first Deux Ex, the sequel is nothing like the first one. It's considerably dumbed down, evidently because they decided to release it for the consoles at the same time. The HUD is obtrusive (an ugly translucent thing that covers the middle of the screen.) The physics and lighting are nice, but they drain system performance alarmingly, and cause a trade-off with skin detail (Trespasser, anyone?) The sky looks like a star dotted smudge, and the NPC models look like they've all been blobbed with vaseline. The weapons are unimpressive popguns, the text font is too big (at all resolutions), and wherever you look it's almost as though you're TOO CLOSE to the object/wall/room. There's something seriously wrong with the perspective in this game. Also, you will frequently find items that are too heavy to pick up, but which literally FLY across the room when you so much as brush against them.

With regards to gameplay, the thing procedes like an old "Pick-A-Path" adventure book.
You will frequently come to a crossroads where you are literally asked what you want to do. An NPC might say: "well you can take 'em on with a frontal assault, cause a distraction while I attack, attempt to sneak around through this here ventilation duct, or
forget it altogether and go do something else." Supposedly there are 4 different endings to this game. Unfortunately, all the meat has been ripped out.

In summation, they've taken a great game (Deux Ex) and done a tremendous disservice to it by creating a seriously flawed sequel. I really need to start reading several reviews before I purchase these things. I've now been burned by Gothic 2 and KOTOR (another game suffering consolitis.)