Between the hours of 11:30PM and 12:00PM PDT, the power supply died in the AugustKnights.com firewall server, taking the rest of the network with it. The outage was not discovered until 6:30AM this morning, when I was already quite late for work. While I was at work today, my wife went and bought a new power supply, which I was able to talk her through installing. Unfortunately, when she attempted to power the box on at 3PM PDT, the magic smoke got let out of both the hard drives in the firewall server. I got home from work a little before 7PM PDT and have discovered that both drives refuse to spin up. They are presumed dead until I can locate the voltmeter and make sure that the proper voltages are getting to the drives on boot.

To get around the problem, I have reconfigured all the hosts here to use external addresses. This is only a temporary solution, and I assure you, that all security measures will be back in place as soon as possible (as soon as I can get over to the computer shop and demand that they replace the drives...UWSCSI, not too cheap...). I apologize for the inconvenience.

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
<a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp