Originally posted by Nuts
Okay, here's my two pennies from my small jar of pennies. I don't know jack about running a business on the web. I can insert urls and bold text into HTML and I can spell SQL. However... one thing I do know... PHP-Nuke is easy. If I can do it, anyone can. The company that hosts my domain has a one-click install of PHP-Nuke and it's simple as pie to run and manage. Maybe this will help you, maybe not. But I'd look into PHP as it seems simple and there's a ton of free plug-ins for it too (photo gallery, bulletin board, and even a b2b addon: OSCOMMERCE.)

OS COMMERCE

PHP Nuke

PHP Photo Gallery

PHP Bulletin Board
I use PHP-Nuke for Husted.cc, and although I like it - the big problem is updating it. It sucks to update because you end up losing all your customizations. I have so many custom config files, etc than when I upgrade, I lose many of them and then have to go through all the mods, etc one by one and pull the needed configs from the back-ups I make.

I've seriously been considering using something much simpler, like Moveable Type that Squidly uses on his page.