Thread: Night and Day - The Differences on the AK Server

Night and Day - The Differences on the AK Server

I was home on Friday and for a few hours this morning and I've noticed quite a difference in the types of players that populate the server during the day.

We were visted by a number of non-US players (mostly from Europe). I had to explain what the word 'profanity' meant. They were also a bit more polite, "May I please fly the helicopter" was my favorite.

However the biggest difference was the number of smacktards. The profanity was at an all time high, name calling, base camping and general whining was outrageous. Teams were way off balance (15 vs 4).

After a few warnings and a couple of kicks, things seemed to balance out and the tards seem to leave.

My prayers go to anyone playing during the weekday mornings/afternoons with all the kids. It's definetly not the server that I'm accustom to.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

If worse comes to worse, we can password the server and advertise the password on the AK site. That would keep most of the smacktards out, but the server certainly wouldn't be as busy.

LoL Welcome to my world... I posted about that awhile back.. I play during the day and when all you working stiffs go to bed.. (I'm out for a while with a broken ankle). The things I have noticed is we are starting to get allot of regulars now, thats good, but passwording the server is not a good Idea. I have just been writing down the names of really bad offenders and when I do see them in again, when one of you guys are on, I just tell you to keep an eye on them..

It takes time to build a reputable server and you guys are well on your way. you guys do a great job when in there but you’ll always have new smacktards that will stir the pot every now and then..

I just got off the server (1:00pm) and actually had a good time. no one was being out of hand, and no admins were playing, so it is working guys!

Now if Palooka wanted to give me admin rights, or even better except me in to the clan, than I could help out more during the times you guys aren’t online (nudge nudge! Wink Wink!)

But like I said you guys are doing a good job with the server so keep it up. Thats what got me here so something’s working.

FiGHT*CLuB

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I got on at noon and kicked a half dozen folks (excessively negative scores, nicknames like . and -, that sort of thing. I'll continue to check in on the server whenever I can.

think this guy has been baned before but keep an eye out for him. He was raising hell again last night. GI Jew.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I logged in this morning and saw guys with the following scores: -9, -7, -5, -5, -3, -2, -2

The teams were also 17-10.

I banned everyone with -5 or higher, kicked the -3 guy, and evened the teams up.
    I'll do another check at lunchtime. We can't guarantee 24/7 coverage, but at least we can apply the bans to the biggest offenders.