Thread: Cisco login

August Knights

Cisco login

Hey Guys,
    Does anyone have a Cisco login, a buddy of mine needs to download sip firmware for the 7960?

Yes.

But, downloading the firmware without a valid license would be illegal. If your friend purchased the hardware in a bundle, it came with a license and a CCO account. If he just purchased the hardware, he needs to purchase a license. If he purcahsed a license, he can contact the TAC at cs-support-us@cisco.com and request a CCO account, provided he doesn't have a Service Contract Number, and assuming he is located in the USA.

Even if I could verify your buddy has a legal license, I would not give him my account because of my Direct Purchase access. Don't want him ordering tens of thousands of dollars in equipment and having it automatically billed to my company. Besides, the sharing of usernames/passwords for shared access is a violation of not only my company's policy, my personal policy, but Cisco's, as well.

I suggest your friend go through the proper channels. If you provide me the serial number of the device and I can get the TAC to confirm his ownership rights, I'll download the firmware for you. If your buddy purchased the device, from a friend, of a friend, of a friend, whose company originally purchased the device - you're going to be S.O.L.
    Regards,
    The Wraith