Thread: banned? why?

hi i was playing tonight and i think i know why i was kicked but i dont understand why i was banned what happend was as i ran towards the Mig another guy sprinted for it to just as he spawn so i said in team chat DIBS ON THE MIG or THE MIGS MINE atleast something to that extent and he got in it anyhow and i said your dead and i shot way above him an RPG-7 and typed LOL anyhow i can understand what i did wasnt cool but i dont believe it should have resulted in a ban anyhow i would like to be unbanned but if you dont want to could you atleast explain to me why? well thanks for hearing me out i appreciate it
    ~Paranoia

ps i just noticed that theres an icon of a guy with sunglasses smirking on this post that was an accident it was supposed to be the question mark one and i didnt know how to change it so dont think im trying to be an ass with that icon my apologies
    ________
    Regiusace
    Last edited by paranoia; 02-21-2011 at 07:37 PM.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I saw you tell ComradeB "you're dead" and shoot a missile (looked like a Stinger to me) at him. Since the server rules (and our enforcement of them) are pretty much out there for all to see ... I found no reason for anything OTHER than a ban.

I did not make it a permanent ban, because you are a regular.

Given your post, perhaps I was a bit hasty.

I have removed the ban. I hate people who TK for vehicles, and I tend to act swiftly on it.

Take care,
    Last edited by [AK]Abaddon; 02-15-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    [AK]Abaddon

Thank you very much for your kindness i give you my word it will never happen again but for somereason when i rejoined the server a minute or two ago it said i was perma banned for a prior kick/ban *sigh* whats up with punkbuster? anywho if you would look into that for me it would be awesome no rush i can wait again thank you very much
    ~Paranoia
    ________
    AROMED VAPORIZER

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I noticed it kick you and again went and removed you from the ban list. Hopefully the next time the server restarts, your ban will be removed. If not, we can always clear the banlist. Sorry bout this.
    Last edited by [AK]Abaddon; 02-15-2004 at 07:11 PM.
    [AK]Abaddon

still not working but thats ok i got all week off from school so dont go out of your way just for one guy i have other servers i grace with my presence do you guys reset the server on a schedule or is it just when it crashes? and Abaddon you dont have to be sorry it was my fault for not keeping my cool and shooting that RPG in the general direction of a teammate over something stupid and being an admin you did your job so dont feel bad and dont clear the whole banlist because there are people who really really deserved to be banned and i dont want to be the reason they come back in with a vengeance anyways thanks again hopefully this will clear up in good time remember dont go out of your way im a patient guy
    ~Paranoia
    ________
    Volcano Classic

Paranoia

I have to commend you for attitude towards the situation. The server has rules which AK fallow. Its one of the best servers I have played due to there promise to try and do the best they can to keep the playing field fun and friendly. You made a mistake and you owned up to it. I respect you for that. People Like you are people I will play any day.

Ak will get you back on the server, its just since the new patch, everything is working differently and there are bugs that still need to be figured out.

Look forward to seeing you back inside..

FiGHT*CLuB

August Knights

Fight*Club just said it all.. My words exactly... Hope to see you on there soon

just returning the respect i get when i play there as they say what goes around comes around and it works with good things to and fight*club lol you respect me! ME! =P thanks man hope to see you all soon
    ________
    W140
    Last edited by paranoia; 02-21-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    There are a couple of people with "lifted bans" that should have access but still don't. Does anyone know what's going on? Do we need to do a hard reset of the server to get this cleared or is it just Punkbuster?
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

i believe it is through punkbuster because when i try to join it says
    "you have been permantly banned from this server by punkbuster reason: prior kick/ban"
    atleast im 99% sure thats what it says if youd like i could look it up online and report back here?

[Edit] i looked around for a while and it seems as though punkbuster doesnt like to put out lists of commands but one thing i did find on a few sites is this
    "type commands into the console and it will give you a list of punkbuster options for server admins" alot of help huh =P
    ________
    MEXICO CITY HOTEL

A full reboot was just done... tray again now.

still a no go *SIGH* i despise punkbuster why couldnt they have gone with cheating-death oh well no biggie i really do appreciate all your efforts to get me back in but like i said no rush
    ________
    MAZDA RX-3