Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UT2004 Thoughts

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "

UT2004 Thoughts

I posted a brief review on my site but i thought I'd start a thread here.

I like the new game modes, but the limited selection of maps in the demo really diminishes the enjoyment one can take from it. The feel is "typically Unreal Tournament" which is either good or bad depending on your personal preferences I guess.

I think the Assault mode could be a lot of fun to play...it's something that really benefits from orginization and planning.

Palooka - after a few more days on the current mode, do you think you could switch it to Assault for awhile?

So - what does everyone else think?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I couldn't play much because it kept crashing on my new system. Overall, I am fairly impressed, though. I liked UT2K3, and this one seems even better.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Pretty cool. I hopped onto the AK server for a round or two today. I wasn't sure what the hell I was doing most of the time but I like the vehicles and the weapons.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I played some tonight. Cool game. Had alot of "Haters" on the server though. bad language, racial comments, you know the type. Is there a way to remote admin. this game? I left the server due to the crap being thrown out there. Some peoples' kids. thanks kidd
    "]

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    This new Unreal game is fantastic. The new game modes are really awesome. And as the Unreal dev. team said themselves. This new game will have great maps, not just the okay maps that were in UT2K3.
    I have allready put my $5 down at ebgames for the DVD edition of the game.
    Bribo, Rocks, Gunny, Choozoo, Franks-N-Beans Road trip on the 16th to pick it up????

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I played the assault map (the big train-type thing...) and it was very cool. I'd like to try playing that with real players instead of bots though.

Yeah... I'll probably pick it up on the 16th. I have $10 EB rebate check burning a hole in my pocket. That'll help...
    [AK]Bribo

A bit of sensory overload switching from BF to UT... The colors. The sounds. The pace. It'll take a little getting used to. I'll definetly need to practice this in single player before going back into multi-player. A much higher 'twitch' factor.

Typically I suck at the "twitch" games - but I'm willing to give this one a try since there are more gameplay modes available than just Deathmatch. The draw to BF for me is the strategy component.
    [AK]Bribo

Here since the Beginning HitMan's Avatar
    Did I mention, I absolutely hate the way the zoom on their weapons work?
    The HitMan
    -HM

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Not that I have played this new demo alot, I still like it. It had the old UT feel, with some new game types and vechiles. I 'm with Brian in the sense, I had no clue on what to do but still enjoyed the Frag fest. I'm definately going to pick this game up when it comes out, but what game don;t I buy? Go figure.

Hi Guys,

I was checking out the demo too. Have you tried Onslaught? It is very cool, kinda bf1942 ish. It has nodes that are kinda like flags. There is an anti vehicle rocket called the Avril, the smoke trail from the rocket looks amazing!

The assault game is pretty fun too. I will definitely get this game just for those two modes.

I didn't play any regular deathmatch or tdm, i'm so burnt on that type of game these days.
    I played the original for at least 3 years, was in a clan and all that, but I can't stand to play it or deathmatch type anymore.
    Kneel Before Zod!

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Onslaught is very cool because of the way you have to maintain and control the power points as you progress your way to the main base. It adds a very big stragetic element to the game that is very very good. Assault mode is a bit more run and gun but with a purpose. And Bombing run.... well can you say Madden-Deathmatch style anyone

Ok, so Onslaught in UT2k4 is basically Planetside for free... how's sony feel about that one?
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

We played for about a half hour last night. That was all I could take. My head was swimming. The Assault gameplay was pretty cool. The attacking team had a number of objectives to complete to "win" the map. We were on moving vehicles in a desert themed mapped. It felt like somehting out of Mad Max. The graphics are jsut beautiful.
    [AK]Bribo