Thread: Ut

-209-

Ut

Any of you Unreal AK guys run into any |Robot| clan members?

Just wondering, I used to be in the |Robot| clan E.D.-209. until I shifted gaming directions.

Have a great day everyone!!

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Hey 209,

Ever think about submitting an application for AK membership?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

-209-
    Yeah I did think about it, right before I submitted it. But I have never heard back, and haven't gotten around to reapplying. I have too much fun hangin out with you guys on your server when I have the spare time.

You guys do seem to have more honor than most of the clans I have seen. That was a big factor to me (and still is) when I applied.

There is only one thing that I have seen that bugged me (albeit a very small amount). You guys are good people, keep up the good work. And no I am not brown nosing, it's just good to see a bunch of good people on the net.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

We had a period of time (during Secret Weapons, if I recall correctly) in which the application script was not functioning correctly, and it ate a number of apps. Please resubmit your application.

Thanks,
    [AK]Abaddon
    [AK]Abaddon

-209-
    I may just do that.

-209-
    On second thought, I may hold off for a bit.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

What's up?
    [AK]Abaddon

-209-
    Well I don't like to air things in public. But I have always had a pet peeve with practiced clans teaming up in public. My old clan did it once, it was such a slaughter it wasn't even fun. We vowed not to do it anymore (but we still played other clans which was very fun.

On another note, you guys have a very good following of people (lots of regulars). You might think about puting a note on your server that it will go to invite status only. Get e-mail of frequent people and password it. Or post password on website. (after a month or so of advertising it) Good way to get more traffic of public here at your forums. And it will reduce number of undesirables on server.

Just food for thought

Love your server, And ALL you guys are great peeps!!! Keep up the good attitude and good work!!!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    If by "practiced clans teaming up in public" you mean that we often play on the same team during a given round - then yeah, we're guilty as charged.

I wouldn't call us practiced, however. We hold team only "scrimmages" on Wednesdays ostensibly to get ready for the TWL ladder, but none of what we talk about then is used on a nightly basis. Our chief advantage is that we use Ventrillo while playing. This helps (on the level of "hey Bribo- there's a guy coming your way!") We certainly aren't "running plays" or testing strats.

You'll rarely find a night when more than half of a team is composed of AK members. It's usually like 4-5 guys. On a good night you may get 8 for a stretch of about an hour, but that's rare.

Further we often play against each other (guys on both sides) to even the teams.

The reason the teams we are on tend to win is because, generally speaking, we are good. We don't sit around sucking our thumbs - we take and hold flags. I like to think we also set an example to the noobs out there, and those that survive the "kicks for excessive sucking" become better players through experience and example.

I don't see the password thing going into effect any time soon. Beyond the fact that none of us has the desire to put in the work to advertise such a thing, I think we like the fact that we can pop on and find a loaded server pretty much 24/7.

As to your decision not to apply... everyone's got to make their own call. You're still welcome on the server and here anytime.

-209-
    Thats good, I would hope that I wouldn't be banned just because I disagree.

-209-
    Oh yeah. I didn't mean a real advertisement. Just like it says "no profantiy allowed" So on and so fourth. I have seen a couple good clans (popular) do it and it worked out well for them. More peeps at forums and better quality of players (no jerks). They were still full 24/7 too.

Have a great day guys!!

Hopefully see you tonight!!

The only downside to that is after a while you get to know everyone and their habits good or bad. Then it gets kind of boring, but when you constantly have new blood you always see something new. Also we could be locking out some potential recruits that couldn't connect and miss out on someone who could or would have made an excellent addition.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I have a Linux server up and running for anyone who want's to hop in and mess around. I'll try to keep it up 24x7.

server name: stitchjones hut

enjoy.