Thread: ATI 9600 Tweaking

ATI 9600 Tweaking

It's been a while since I played around in the world of overclocking and tweaking. Any recommendations on a set of tools to speed tweak a 9600? Thanks.

August Knights

Best person to ask would be Cruiser. I got my 9600 pro from him. He had it OC'ed in the card's bios. I will have to look to see what it is set at but is clocked well and very stable. Have custom heat sinks on the memory too. I want to say it is somewhere around 675/510.. dont quote me on that though.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I have the 9600XT and I have only used the built in overclocker that is a part of the newer drivers. I have found no reason as of yet to go beyond that. It runs like glass and I'm very pleased with it.

rage3d.com has a nice tweaker u can grab. Stitch is correct if the built in clocker works correctly it should suffice and the drivers settings are fairly abundant in display properties anymore.

hardnok's 9600pro has been modded with heatsinks as he mentioned and has a gpu voltage mod increasing it slightly to get it in the 500mhz core range. after many days of testing 500/675 is what i settled on for day to day clock speeds that wont harm the card. Had his to 540/720 for benching tho.

out of the BOX stock it would take a real gem of a card to hit 500. prolly gonna cap out in the 470 range and the ram even with heatsinks and more voltage just wont budge over 702 without artifacts with most cards. Got something to do with PCB cuz those same ram chips clock much higher on Geforce4 cards. anyway 470/702 is prolly real close to tops stock dood.

702 would still show slight specks in my favorite test for ram artifacts is 3dmark 2003 battle of proxycon. so far that test is very reliable for showing artifacts when others may not. if u use it keep your eye on the chest area of the body armor u will see black speckles if your clocked to high.