Thread: Butt-whoopin'

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "

Butt-whoopin'

I didn't know Cheny had it in him...

Highlights:

On the “foreign leaders” lie: “American voters are the ones charged with determining the outcome of this election, not unnamed foreign leaders.”

On Iraq and the WoT: “Had the decision belonged to Senator Kerry, Saddam Hussein would still be in control of Iraq. In fact, he’d probably still be in control of Kuwait.”

On the coalition: “How would he describe Britain - as ‘bribed,’ or ‘coerced?’ He speaks as if only those who oppose American objectives are worthy of his respect.”

On Kerry’s Senate record: “His vote is one in a hundred. Fortunately for matters of national security, he has most often been in the minority.”

On Votes against defense procurements: "On national security, the Senator has shown at least one measure of consistency. Over the years, he has repeatedly voted against weapons systems for the military. He voted against the Apache helicopter, against the Tomahawk cruise missile, against even the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. He has also been a reliable vote against military pay increases - opposing them no fewer than 12 times.

Many of these very weapons systems have been used by our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, and are proving to be valuable assets in the war on terror. In his defense, of course, Senator Kerry has questioned whether the war on terror is really a war at all. Recently he said, and I quote, “I don’t want to use that terminology.” In his view, opposing terrorism is far less of a military operation and far more of an intelligence-gathering, law enforcement operation. As we have seen, however, that approach was tried before, and proved entirely inadequate to protecting the American people from the terrorists who are quite certain they are at war with us - and are comfortable using that terminology."

*ouch*

August Knights

Cheny is a great Vice president. He knows when it's time to turn up the heat and when it's time to be in the back ground.