Thread: The Great Video Game Industry Crash

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

The Great Video Game Industry Crash

An interesting read. It mostly talks about console gaming, but some of it can be applied to PC gaming as well.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Your just putting up that so you can lure more people into playing paintball instead of video games

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Is that so bad?

How'd you die on that fort-defense "map" anyway? Fax, Bribo and I were all together...I don't think I saw how you and Beast bought it.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I was called out right at the end. Me and two other guys were the only ones left. The Ref was nice enough to call me dead so I didn't get lit up. Which was cool of him. But man did I feel a case of Butch Cassidy and Sundance kid comin on!!!!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Stitch and I spent a good portion of the time in the room directly behind where you were standing, Squidly. In fact, aside from a few lean-outs, I didn't leave that room--the fire started coming my way every time I tried. I think Stitch got out, and I was trying to get to the front entrance when I saw a barrel poke through a knothole in the outer wall--he missed; I returned fire through the same knothole, and exposed my back to a larger window in the process. I got tagged in the right shoulder blade, apparently from fairly short range--that's the one bruise I got from a paintball.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

...BTW, if you want a crappy video game based on a movie, just download T3: War of the Machines from Atari. I can't speak for multiplayer (as I was playing a "free trial" copy *coughShareazacough*), but suffice to say that the game felt like a crappy tossed-together BF1942 mod with crummy graphics, moronic AI that makes BF1942's bots look like Nobel prize winners, slo-o-o-o-w gameplay (the Terminators' running speed is about half of DC's walking speed, the humans are a bit faster but won't be winning any Olympic medals), and the only game is Conquest (capture-and-hold). I actually melted the bottom of the CD with a lighter before throwing it in the trash lest its horror be inflicted on some unsuspecting hobo rooting through my garbage. Worst game I've ever played.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Just read the review. I think the guy's bent. Yea, consols suck. Consoles have always sucked - uncaptivating twitch-fest games for those with time to kill. PC games are immersive and are only getting moreso. I'm not taking any financial advice from this fellow - though a few of his verbal charactures were great.

August Knights

He overstates his case for dramatic effect, but I agree that computer games can't remain interactive movies showcasing video technologies. Maybe the industry will feel a pinch, and they'll have to go back to making actual games, with rules and strategy and all that.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas