Thread: Paintball April 25th

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "

Paintball April 25th

As it stands right now I'm about 90% sure I'll be going back to On-Target on Sunday. Just an FYI if anyone's up for it.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I would love to but unfortunately I'm visiting my folks and volunteering for a congressional candidate's primary campaign this weekend.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Yeah, it's a last minute type of deal for me... I may only do a half day.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    Won't be able to make Jersey this weekend. If I do end up playing at all, it will probably be in the neighborhood of Poco Loco or Global (I'll take pictures). Speaking of PA paintball fields, we should start throwing some dates out so that we can coordinate another get-together.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

It's your shindig, you throw the dates.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar

GreenDot

Understood. Will post some dates soon!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Just got back...had a GREAT time. It was sunny but cooler today. Nice breeze.

Played 5 "maps". Desert Combat, The Fort, and a new one (to me) called "Fences".

On Desert Combat, I played the opposite side from the one we played last weekend. The rules were also different. It was a "Attack and Defend" situation. We started inside the fort and had to stay inside it for the first 5 minutes of the match. I basically stayed inside the whole time, tagged 2 guys who were leaning out from bunkers trying to assault the fort. I ended up surviving to the end of the game. We won - they never captured the fort.

On The Fort we played twice. Once again the rules were different. Each side had a flag, and the goal was to get the flag into the fort and have it there longer than the other team. They had a judge with the flag carrier with a stopwatch.

Both teams started pretty far away and had to run for the fort. The first time I started at the far start location, (it was further back into the woods than we had started from last time we played.)

Both groups ran in so when we arrived there were some enemy players in the fort waiting for us. It wasn't too bad of a deal though, so we eventually took them out and held the fort. I tagged 3 guys before getting nailed in the arm. The shot actually drew blood! Aieieieie!

One of my "kills" was on this kid who was hiding behind a stack of 3 barrels (on their side, in a pyramid configuration.) He didn't realize that there were gaps between the barrels. I rained paint on those gaps and soon he was yelling "out!" hehe I also blindsided a guy who was hiding behind a box inside the fort. He never saw the shot coming from the side window. Some EPIC battles inside that fort man... epic.

Eventually they pushed in and won the match. I didn't see the end of it because I was sitting out the last 5 minutes in the kill box.)

We switched sides, but I also ended up switching teams due to numbers - essentially it was the same type of deal. On this team tho, there was this big military looking dude and he was really into giving orders. I decided to follow him and it was the best time I've had paintballing to date. He was all like "YOU, move up" YOU lay down covering fire. "YOU what do you see over there?" Great stuff because we were all listening and doing it. We decided to flank around the left side - figure that they'd all be charging the central base. A team of about 8 of us (there were 24 to a side) scooted around in the woods and eventually begain chewing up our opponents from behind. I got EIGHT before getting shot 3 times. Hip, shoulder, and back of the neck. And I have the welts to prove it.

The one on the hip looks like someone has stuffed a hard boiled egg under my skin and sewn it back up...lol.

The Fences field was out behind where we parked our car. It was a big thicket with - fences. What was cool was that some of the fences were angled...and others had windows. So you could get some nice flanking shots. In 2 games I killed 4 guys. I took myself out of the first game because I felt a ball brush my hat. It turned out the ball hadn't broken at all.

The second game I got tagged full in the chest as I was running from one fence to another. Then as I was walking out with my arm up, a dude shot me in the lower mask. Got a nice mouthful of paint from that one.

So one bloody welt, 4 other welts, 17 enemy KIAs and a mouthful of yellow paint. After having played before, things
    started coming easier...I wasn't so tentative and it paid off big time - particularly on that fort map. Intuition comes into play.

I'm really looking forward to the big game next weekend!

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Wow. Sounds like a great time. Have Diane take some pictures of your war wounds and post them. We love to see you in pain.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Some of the wound locations are not really in places suitable for public viewing.

Surprisingly the bruising today is only minor. Just raised, discolored lumps. The hip and chest shots hurt the most.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Originally posted by [AK]Squidly
    Some of the wound locations are not really in places suitable for public viewing.

Did you wear your cup?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

No, not that it would've protected my hairy ass.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Originally posted by [AK]Squidly
    No, not that it would've protected my hairy ass.
    True, and it would be alot harder to explain why you have a big lump in the back of your pants. Unless you said you were Jennifer Lopez's Uncle. LOL