Has anyone else been bait 'n switched by AT&T lately? I don't use my house phone for long distance, I have cell phones for that, but it seemed like a good idea to have the option. A year ago AT&T offered the service with no fee's, so I figured sure, I only pay if I use.

Except last month they sent me a bill for $25 as a line access service fee (or something like that). When I call, they say that they decided to switch the terms of our plan and now I'm supposed to pay every few months just to have the service there.

So I tell them to bite me, and cancel (for which my local carrier charges me a $10 fee - but that's another story). Now AT&T is calling from India every day asking for me to pay the bill.

I'm pretty unhappy with this - I was told when I signed up with them that there would be no fees. I never recieved notice otherwise that I can recall, and even if I had, I sure don't remember ever signing anything with them.

I'm thinking of just canceling my local land line to keep them from finding me. I use cell phones for everything anyway, but I don't want these clowns to cause problems for me (credit rating, etc.) Any advise?