Thread: Prisoner abuse angers Arabs

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Prisoner abuse angers Arabs

Geez, what the Hell were these idiots thinking?

One guy making stupid decisions in uniform in front of a camera can completely negate months of hard work.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Indeed, the whole thing is disgusting. Looking at those pictures, I am reminded of the photos of US military personnel stripped and stacked soon after the war in Iraq began. Those who committed the acts on Iraqi prisoners are no better than the prisoners, themselves, and should be dealt the harshest penalties available.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Unfortunately, no matter how harsh the penalties, they will not be reported in the Arab press. There will be no counterweight at all to what is being reported now to the "street".

That's a tough one.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Yeah ... maybe we should round up all the idiots responsible and let them explain the situation to the Arab "street" in person. What a bunch of morons.
    [AK]Abaddon

I agree... this is all just pure stupidity by a couple of boneheads. I'm sure that girl's dad must be proud of her. On the other hand, the media is covering this to the maximum. As normal, the media likes to air anything that is anti-military. Let's face it... those radicals in the 60's are now the college professors of today. They are teaching the anti-military doctrine to a whole new generation of reporters.

Also, did you see the media play up what the Iraqis do to US Soldiers? What about Mogadishu? (sp?) Nude photos = torture? I'm sure that Iraqis are probably saying, "I know torture, and that's not torture. Now, Sadam... he could torture you right!"

-nuts

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    I read an Iraqi blog today that the Iraqi people really haven't responded all that negatively to the news about the prisoner abuse. He's guessing they are either used to Saddam's bunch abusing prisoners as a matter of recourse or that they just don't care too much about the prisoners since they are mostly from the old regime.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights

1. On this scale of torture, this is pretty mild stuff.

2. Inmates rape each other all the time in American prisons, and no one seems to mind.

3. This is what I expected when they insisted on putting men and women together in wartime. People that age can't perform as well under the inevitable sexual pressure, no matter how they're trained.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas