Thread: Banned from server

Question Banned from server

I was playing on your BFV server this evening and as initially kicked off then banned from the server. My first thought was I was kicked off due high ping but when I got back on it wasn't high at all. Then when I was banned I really didn't know what to think. I don't recall TKing anybody on purpose and I don't say any disparaging remarks to anyone so I’m not sure the cause of the banning. I’ve frequented this server to play BFV several times and on this particular evening, I was playing very well so can you give me an explanation for the banning I would appreciate it.

--Cain

I recall a number of kicks over the weekend due to a plethora of team jumping, language, and a few inapropriate names. I made one ban on Sunday for lengthy string of profanity from some kid. I also threatend a ban for a smart-ass. However, I don't remember the name 'Cain'; we had a ton of kids and newbies this weekend.

We applogize if the kick/ban you experienced was undue. We like having mature, sensible players on our servers and try to keep it smacktard free. However we have strong rules that are strickly enforced on our server. Profanity is a big hitter for us and depending on the severity, could have caused one of us to ban you. Another no-no is team jumping to unbalance the teams and of course general stupidity. As I do not know the circumstances behind your ban I won't comment further.

If none of us can recall the instance, perhaps we could un-ban?

Well that’s a relief. I do play within the general rules you mentioned but have jumped teams to balance them out on occasion. The switching, however, is minimal maybe one per game if that.

Hope to be back on the server soon… Thanks.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I don't recall banning Cain. I do recall him killling me repeatedly :-)
    [AK]Abaddon

Originally posted by Cain
    Well that’s a relief. I do play within the general rules you mentioned but have jumped teams to balance them out on occasion. The switching, however, is minimal maybe one per game if that.

Hope to be back on the server soon… Thanks.
    We don't kick or ban guys who jump teams to help balance them out, we ban the guys that lose all or most of their flags and then switch to the winning team. Do you know your cd hash or pb guid? I wasn't on lastnight at all but maybe we can find who did and why. Unfortunately the blackbagops remote manager has a glitch that if you do not refresh before banning or kicking someone, you can accidently ban or kick the wrong person.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Think he killed Abel too! His BFV Blood cries from the ground!

Originally posted by [AK]Gunny Highway
    Do you know your cd hash or pb guid?
    is the line below correct?
    Type "game.listplayers" in console to get your CD Hash Key

how do get the pb guid?

do you need both or will one suffice?

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I cleared the banlist. There were only 5 GUIDs on it anyway.
    [AK]Abaddon

Well excellent, I'm back.
    thanks..

Ya'll get a low of jerks early in the morning. Before I went to school today, we had guys that were cussing like there was no tomorrow.

We've struggled with this. When we're not around the tards come out of the woodwork. Everyone knows that we have a popular server and the asshats get upset when we kick them; hence taking advantage of our absence to ruin the gameplay for everyone. We rely on our regulars to notify of us those offenders (a good use of forums) and a few of us try to log on during the day; I have the remote manager here at work and check in occasionally. On the good side we have noticed that word has gotten around. Our smacktard ratio is dropping and we're getting more high quality players, not only skill but in maturity and fairness.

We pride ourselves in our dedication to fair and fun gaming and appreciate your comments.

-nuts
    Semper Paratus

Yea, the server has been getting better.

However, a lot of yesterday was an exception to this. There were idiots swearing, making strange remarks, TKing, etc. for like 3 hours. Then you guys came in and kicked them.