Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just shook hands with John Kerry.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Sonic Boom
    Good point, he might've touched a Republican...
    If that were the case, you'd be ok. As it is you've got a slimey handful of liberal take-your-money-run-your-life-faint-in-the-face-of-terrorism-flip-flop oil.

Wipe that garbage off.

Registered User GovermentCheese's Avatar
    Sonic had a even better story in conjunction with what happened this morning, I just got the 411 from him on it. I will let him tell it though. All I can say is !WOW!
    -=GvtCheese=-

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]GovermentCheese
    Sonic had a even better story in conjunction with what happened this morning, I just got the 411 from him on it. I will let him tell it though. All I can say is !WOW!

Okay, I got a bit freaked out by the Secret Service this morning.

When I got to the security checkpoint, I'd forgotten that I still had my pocketknife kit. The Secret Service agent told me that he wasn't going to let me in with it and I asked him, 'What do you want me to do? I'm not giving up my pocket knife or my P-38 can opener for anybody."

He told me that I could take it back to my car and that I could go and see him at the front of the line and he'd remember me. So I went home and dropped off the goods and returned. I went up to him and he looked at me and said, "Okay, Curtis, you can go on through."

The thing is, I never gave him my name.

I did notice that in the security line there were a couple of photographers with really expensive cameras who were dressed-up to look like press, except that they were wearing Secret Service lapel pins.

I suspect that they were using some sort of facial recognition technology. After I got in, we had to wait for almost an hour. Coincidentally, the same two photographers were taking photographs of every single person in the crowd.

It may have been an accident that the agent addressed my by my first name, but the fact that he knew it was no accident.

I am impressed with the job they're doing and I do credit Bush for ordering Secret Service protection for Kerry as early as he did.
    Last edited by [AK]Sonic Boom; 05-26-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    Hasta,
    Boom

How tall is he?

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Nuts
    How tall is he?

Pretty damn tall. I'm 6'0" and I was looking up at him, so I'd guess that he's about 6'2" or 6'3".
    Hasta,
    Boom

Just to clarify (a buddy at work swears Kerry is short)... was he on a platform? Could you see his feet?

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Nuts
    Just to clarify (a buddy at work swears Kerry is short)... was he on a platform? Could you see his feet?
    I could see his feet, but I wasn't looking at them. Either way, I sure as hell wasn't looking down at him.

If you want a "short story," the Frodo (or was it Sam?) dude from Lord of the Rings was there and he stopped by for a good five minutes and was talking to a little girl standing next to me. He was a really nice, really cool dude... and he certainly wasn't as short as he seemed in the movies, I'd say about 5'4" or 5'5".

Definitely a nice guy. His campaign ID tag said Sean Astin. (Austin?)
    Hasta,
    Boom

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly
    If that were the case, you'd be ok. As it is you've got a slimey handful of liberal take-your-money-run-your-life-faint-in-the-face-of-terrorism-flip-flop oil.
    I really must ask what makes you believe that Kerry would "faint-in-the-face-of-terrorism." Is it his his exemplary record of service in the National Guard?

Could it be Bush's record as an international statesman? Is it because Kerry thinks that we shouldn't abandon Iraq?
    Hasta,
    Boom

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

I really must ask what makes you believe that Kerry would "faint-in-the-face-of-terrorism." Is it his his exemplary record of service in the National Guard?
    It's got nothing to do with his service, which is an irrelevant issue for a Presidential candidate.

It has to do with his voting record, his apparent willingness to bend to the will of the vile, useless UN, and his penchant for telling people what they want to hear to get enough votes and then switching sides to reveal his real agenda. Some of us remember how he sought to weaken our defense and intelligence agencies all those years. And now were supposed to believe he's a hawk when that's just what we need? Yeah riiiggghhht. He hates the military and views the WOT as a police action.

Could it be Bush's record as an international statesman? Is it because Kerry thinks that we shouldn't abandon Iraq?
    I could care less if Bush kisses the asses of foreign leaders. And I don't believe that just because Kerry says he believes in one thing that he'll still believe it (and endorse it as a course of action) 2 years from now. His track record in this regard sucks.

It's got nothing to do with his service, which is an irrelevant issue for a Presidential candidate.

It has to do with his voting record, his apparent willingness to bend to the will of the vile, useless UN, and his penchant for telling people what they want to hear to get enough votes and then switching sides to reveal his real agenda. Some of us remember how he sought to weaken our defense and intelligence agencies all those years. And now were supposed to believe he's a hawk when that's just what we need? Yeah riiiggghhht. He hates the military and views the WOT as a police action.

I could care less if Bush kisses the asses of foreign leaders. And I don't believe that just because Kerry says he believes in one thing that he'll still believe it (and endorse it as a course of action) 2 years from now. His track record in this regard sucks.

I've had enough politics for today, but I will address this post fully tomorrow.

As far as the vile, useless, UN. I don't disagree. However, the fact of the matter is that any UN action will have primarily American forces; we'd essentially be trading desert camo for blue garb. While this might not matter to you and I, it would matter a hell of a lot to the Iraqis, many of whom view us (rightfully) as an occupying force.

Ironically, Bush is now going back to the UN after he gave them "The Mother of All Snubbings."

Additionally, the next five weeks will be crucial for Bush to try to repair the damage he's done to our standing among the international community. Scheduled in June is a commemoration of the 60th anniversary of D-Day in France; a gathering of leaders of the world's top industrialized nations on Sea Island, Ga.; U.S.-European Union talks in Ireland; and a NATO summit in Turkey. He's going to try to bring them back into the fold, but I predict the rest of the world is going to give him the royal middle finger, which will neither help his standing here at home nor help repair his failed cowboy-style foreign policy whatsoever.
    Last edited by [AK]Sonic Boom; 05-26-2004 at 03:22 PM.
    Hasta,
    Boom

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

The Iraqis don't LIKE the UN. The UN screwed them over for over a decade, and if they had their way Saddam would still be in power. I haven't even touched on the Oil for Food scandal.

Kerry would cede control of our national security to the UN. Bush did not and will not. I view the approach now as nothing more than political posturing to blunt Kerry's arguments heading into the election.

Regarding the other, given the duplicity of France, Russian and Germany
    with the UNSCOM debacle, they can stick their finger where the sun doesn't shine for all that their opinion matters.

The Iraqis don't LIKE the UN. The UN screwed them over for over a decade, and if they had their way Saddam would still be in power. I haven't even touched on the Oil for Food scandal.

Kerry would cede control of our national security to the UN. Bush did not and will not. I view the approach now as nothing more than political posturing to blunt Kerry's arguments heading into the election.

Regarding the other, given the duplicity of France, Russian and Germany
    with the UNSCOM debacle, they can stick their finger where the sun doesn't shine for all that their opinion matters.
    So why is Bush going back to the UN?
    Hasta,
    Boom

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Kerry's also got an ABYSMAL record of voting YES to every bit of gun-control legislation that gets anywhere near his desk. He's just a typical anti-all-personal-freedoms-except-abortion liberal. Of course, he's trying to position himself as the candidate for hunters in the campaign. Too bad his record speaks for itself.
    [AK]Abaddon

Registered User GovermentCheese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by '[AK
    Sonic Boom
    He's going to try to bring them back into the fold, but I predict the rest of the world is going to give him the royal middle finger, which will neither help his standing here at home nor help repair his failed cowboy-style foreign policy whatsoever.
    WOW! And I thought that I was opinionated. I have to give it to Sonic though, that quote was darn funny. At least it was to me.
    -=GvtCheese=-

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Bush going back to the UN is a big mistake, in my opinion. I would prefer that he stick to the "cowboy-style foreign policy."