Thread: I am a card Carrying Republican

Registered User GovermentCheese's Avatar

I am a card Carrying Republican

Liberals -Vs- Conservatives, the left versus the right, someone against someone else.

This is what I do not get from the left or the right. Everyone has an agenda. Ok so what? Some of you did not serve in the military, and perhaps some of you did. But you know what? As a proud card carrying African American Republican, I am tired of the blame on past Presidential Administrations, and not "Enough" recognization of where it is that we have to go and doing it in a manner that is in respect of the land in which we live in.

Oh yeah, and do not think for a minute that I do not think that neither Republicans nor Democrats do not play, stereotypical racial politics, because both sides play the card to get points.

Three strikes?

PLEASE!

That was noting more that to scare "WHITE” people in voting for gun control and keeping voting districts across the states where "Liberals" or "Democrats" had a majority rule in "Minority Politics", to keep whites in place where they could keep in step of the "Grand Old' Party".

Funny this is the Grand Old Party that I believe in, But to be up front to you, it is not the Grand Old Party that I believe in. I believe in this party because it supports "Free Enterprise". However this is the same old party that still to this day does not really like people of Color. Sorry Devil, but I have been to many NH primaries where I was not welcome.

So forget this kinder gentler "whiter" love of land, within the realm of politics. You cannot legislate the mind of a man, and in this COUNTRY bigotry still runs rampant. It is just hidden more today than it was in earlier times. By that I mean the 70's.

Today a bigot is not as upfront about his or her sentiments that he or she was back in the 70's or 80's. Now more and more people that do not agree with "Racial Politics" are more than not likely to share their sentiments about what they feel. So you know what?

That leaves people that look like me on the short end of the stick. WHY?
    Because this is how most minorities in this country really look at the MAJORITY of the white populace.

First of all, some of you will shake our hands and tell us that "Hey, you are not the fault of oppression" Yet, we still cannot get jobs based on our COLOR, yet we still are segregated in our "Our” communities.

How many places can a person of color live in a blended state with "Whites" and still have the same quality of life?

Why it still to this day there is area of "White Flight" where some choose to still not to believe that we (as blacks) are not the products of stereotypes.

So you know what kids? Don't tell me (GVT CHEESE) as an AFRICAN AMERICAN that I have all the freedoms that you do. For if I am your equal why then:

I Still to this day walk down the street and people of non color "CROSS" the street so that they do not have to look at me?

Why is it that white women still "CLUTCH” their purses when I walk past them?

Perhaps some of you should see the movie "Watermelon Man" to see my point of view. Because I am going to tell you something and I really do not care if you see it or not.

I as a BLACK man I have to live a life of Dual Extremes. By this I mean. I have to live my life on both ends of the spectrum. I have by "Black" life and my "White" life.

I can roam freely in a white mans existence, using perfect English, and adhering to what some of you see as existence and life in terms that you live your day-to-day existence upon. So what in the hell do I mean by this?

If I woke up tomorrow and I was white, my quality of life would INCREASE, I would not have to walk out of the door and constantly process what it is to be "Black" and still have a place in life.

However think about this. If you as white men, woke up tomorrow Black, would you know how to cope with that? I highly doubt it. The funny thing is that over time, it is always expected that we should "ACT" like you.

Now all of a sudden, with the advent of rap and the "Selling of Black Culture" it is cool for white people to be Black. Do not believe me? Look at popular culture, look at the music industry. It is cool to sell the black culture, but you know what?

At the end of the day, I will still be black and have to assimilate myself into your world, and you will never have do jack shit to even want to understand what it is to be in mine.

So to this I say the "HELL" with racial politics and I will stick with the facts.

I WOULD RATHER BE RICH THAN POOR

I did not make the rules, none of us did, but you know what, until I pass into the grave I will sure live by them.

Oh and for all of you that think you know more than me. Walk in my shoes as a black man not for a day, but for a year, or how about a decade. I do not think that any of you who do not look like me could. Funny thing is, I am more prepared to live in your existence that you are in mine.

And I am a card Carrying Republican.
    -=GvtCheese=-

Cos gives 'em pause

Comic vents, NAACP gasps

Bill Cosby

NAACP representatives weren't laughing during Bill Cosby's remarks Monday night at a D.C. gala commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education decision.
    Cosby, who was honored for his massive donations to black colleges, had organizers gasping when he contrasted the '60s civil-rights pioneers with some of today's African-Americans. The term "reversed racism" there is no such thing, racism is racism regardless of it's origin.

"These people marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around," he declared. "The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids - $500 sneakers for what? And won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.'

"I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"

Turning to criminal justice, he said, "These are not political criminals. These are people going around stealing Coca-Cola. People getting shot in the back of the head over a piece of pound cake and then we run out and we are outraged, saying, 'The cops shouldn't have shot him.' What the hell was he doing with the pound cake in his hand?"

Cosby's blunt appraisal left Howard University President H. Patrick Swygert and NAACP President Kweisi Mfume looking "stone-faced," The Washington Post reports.

Theodore Shaw, head of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, was quick to tell the crowd that most people on welfare are not black.

Dick Gregory pretended to steal Cosby's NAACP medal, prompting Cosby to joke, "This is what happens when they get old."

Cheese you say "white" and "whiter"in your post which I find absurd, my family are native american indians so you will not get my sympathy card anytime soon. My mom was the first family member not born on the reservation, how many african americans are forced to live on the reservation? Oh that's right zero!. Cosby makes a valid point and maybe you won't take such offense coming from him but you never know. My point cheese is that the problems in America are not as simple as black and white.
    Last edited by [AK]Gunny Highway; 05-31-2004 at 11:33 AM.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

August Knights

GC, while I am sorry you feel the way that you do, I cannot accept responsibility for it. Even though the color of my skin is white, and I side with the Republican Party, I am not a Racist, nor a Closet Racist.

I do not know what it is like to be an African American. So, I will not insult you by saying I know how you feel. For all the bad things that have happened in our country's history I am still proud to be an American. As being of Irish Catholic descent I can tell you my family has both suffered here, and in Ireland. Which is why my family came here in the first place.
    I guess the point that Gunny and I are trying to make is we have all been discriminated against at one time or another.

I know that there are white people that will walk across the street and avoid you because they fear you for the color of your skin. And, I know that it is stereo typing.

We still have a long way to go, but I like all of you no matter what color you are....
    I hope you will not hold it against me that the pigment of my skin is lighter then yours....

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway
    Cos gives 'em pause

Cheese you say "white" and "whiter"in your post which I find absurd, my family are native american indians so you will not get my sympathy card anytime soon. My mom was the first family member not born on the reservation, how many african americans are forced to live on the reservation? Oh that's right zero!. Cosby makes a valid point and maybe you won't take such offense coming from him but you never know. My point cheese is that the problems in America are not as simple as black and white.

Sympathy, Did I ask for sympathy? No I do not recall asking for sympathy. But the truth is that their are differences between us because of color and that is ok. You did not hear Mr. Cosby in that speech deny that there are differences did you. I have always wondered why it is that being black if I bring up race most white people balk at the notion and act like "Oh have we not gotten on with this", the fact is that NO, we have not. Have I ever lived on a reservation? OF course not, but yet that does not mean that I do not recognize the fact that a American Indians perception of the world is going to be different than mine. They have had their fair share of racism. As a matter of fact so have the Chinese, the Germans the Italians etc. I just thought that I would say something that was on my mind concerning politics and race which I am more that aware of black and white. I was not asking for sympathy or an apology from you or any other white person on this planet. However what I do find ironic is that when we start talking about race, then it seems that apologies, or "entitlements" or "race card" comes up. Which of course is one of the reasons why things are still they way that they are in this country. We don't talk about or differences any longer and when we do, sometimes the simplicity of the conversation "just a conversation" is misconstrued as asking for a apology or a hand out.

Please, I am not asking for anything from anyone that I cannot give to myself.
    -=GvtCheese=-

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Devil_Dog
    GC, while I am sorry you feel the way that you do, I cannot accept responsibility for it. Even though the color of my skin is white, and I side with the Republican Party, I am not a Racist, nor a Closet Racist.

I do not know what it is like to be an African American. So, I will not insult you by saying I know how you feel. For all the bad things that have happened in our country's history I am still proud to be an American.
    Not a problem Devil, and I as you am just as proud to be a American and to vote Republican. However there is no need to apologize for other misdoings (caused by others ignorance) in my life because the only thing you share in color is skin pigmentation. So I will accept your sentiment but not a apology, it is about understanding and reognizing our diffrences, accepting them for the common good, and moving on. Only the people that case or do wrong need to apologize.
    -=GvtCheese=-

GC there is a sign that hung above my grandmother's door for as long as I can remember and it says basically what you were saying..

Oh great spirit grant that I may never find fault with my neighbor until I have walked the trail of life in his mocassins.

I do have a hard tme with your statements referring to "white americans" or "you" and "your country" that is exactly ther sort of talk that keeps the divide going. As far as people crossing the street or women clutchng their purses sorry man but that happens to me too and I am white. That I attribute to most people's lack of trust in one another.
    Last edited by [AK]Gunny Highway; 05-31-2004 at 03:43 PM.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein

[QUOTE=As far as people crossing the street or women clutchng their purses sorry man but that happens to me too and I am white. That I attribute to most people's lack of trust in one another[/QUOTE]

I can understand that, but what you do not get is a that "Look" that people give in conjunction with action. You would have to experience that "look" to understand what I am talking about. As far as the "You" are "Your" refrences, just see them in the preception that I give to them in context. Because often when I look at things from the context of race, it is us and them, and you and your, that being because I see it from two (not only one) preceptions. That is why I mentioned it as such.
    -=GvtCheese=-

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Well personally I give you that "look" because you sprayed Sonic and his apartment with perfume. That was some potent stuff, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly
    Well personally I give you that "look" because you sprayed Sonic and his apartment with perfume. That was some potent stuff, dude.

Shades

Now see, some things should just not be said.

Darn!
    -=GvtCheese=-

Now that I think about it, I have done a lot worse to Sonic than spray perfume on him.

Don't even think about going there.
    -=GvtCheese=-

There's plenty of injustice to go around. What counts is what the individual, not what the group does about it. Not "us" and "them", "yours and "theirs". I'm not racist, I don't see color, and neither will my kids (if I do my job right.)

What does that mean to the whole big picture, a lot. Even the biggest waterfall starts with a raindrop.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Good post, Choozoo. That's the way I feel about it as well. I think a lot of the problems with racism will be resolved by sheer attrition, as the old folks pass on. If kids today are raised right, it will eventually be a thing of the past.

San Antonio, where I live, appears to be remarkably color-blind. I see kids of all sorts hanging out together and having a good time, and a lot of mixed couples.

I don't see a lot of tension between blacks, whites and hispanics here ... unlike some other places I have lived.

Cheese, I see what you are saying ... my own motto on race is to treat every person I meet according to their own observed merits. I don't make allowances for race either way.
    [AK]Abaddon

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Abaddon
    Good post, Choozoo. That's the way I feel about it as well. I think a lot of the problems with racism will be resolved by sheer attrition, as the old folks pass on. If kids today are raised right, it will eventually be a thing of the past.

San Antonio, where I live, appears to be remarkably color-blind. I see kids of all sorts hanging out together and having a good time, and a lot of mixed couples.

I don't see a lot of tension between blacks, whites and hispanics here ... unlike some other places I have lived.

Cheese, I see what you are saying ... my own motto on race is to treat every person I meet according to their own observed merits. I don't make allowances for race either way.

YES! YES! YES!

Thank you guys for listening without predejuidece!
    -=GvtCheese=-

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    The color of someone's skin has never been a litmus test for me. I judge someone on their actions and the quality of their character. Skin color is meaningless - just as hair color or eye color is meaningless.

I teach my kids this as well.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.