Thread: Police Academy is coming back...For better or for worse.

Police Academy is coming back...For better or for worse.

Article

I pretty much grew up with these movies as a child and I really did enjoy them, at the time. I do remember renting the movies time and time again. I was even a loyal fan of the animated series. But as the movie franchise went on, it got old. Even as a kid, I began to grow bored of the movie's over-used concept of "police dysfunction" after "Citizens On Patrol", which would also be known as "Police Academy 4". Everything began to look cliche and by the 5th movie, it seemed like the same jokes were being recycled over and over again. It just felt like they were running out of material. Anyway, by early 1997, I became excited once I heard of the pending debut of the Police Academy TV series. So I sat down through an episode or two, rolled my eyes, and quickly changed the channel. In other words, it sucked. Even for a 12 year old. It was nice seeing faces from the movie but the jokes (and even the music) were very annoying.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Just what the world was waiting for....

According to Maslansky, who will serve as an executive producer, the talent from the first seven features has expressed a keen interest in the revival, with Maslansky looking to combine both new and the “original talent” for the next “Police Academy.”
    Well, color me speechless! Has any of the original cast worked at all since these movies ended? (Aside from shock-jock shows...Steve Guttenberg played Anal Ring Toss on Howard Stern, and Michael Winslow was last seen running away from the Opie and Anthony show after being surprised in the green room by two of the contestants in the now-infamous Sex for Sam competition.) The only time I think I've seen a Police Academy actor in the news that I can remember is when David Graf (Tackleberry) dropped dead from a heart attack in the middle of a wedding reception...

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    David Graf (Tackleberry) dropped dead from a heart attack
    I heard he died from embarassment.