Thread: Redjacking problem

August Knights

Lightbulb Redjacking problem

I have recently noticed a weird problem concerning redjacking.... Actually Pix clued me in on it the other night. It seems that when ever I start to RJ I can immediatly open up the console and see an input device unaquired/aquired message. It either is connected or disconnected. The RJ problem doesnt seem to be associated with lag at all. I was playing around last night on a pub and had a 45-50 ping. All of a sudden I started to RJ like a mad dog. Openend up the console and there were all these input device errors.

Now when ever you are in game and hit F2 the same error shows up in the console also. Which leads into the next question....why does it happen during normal gameplay. And does anyone else get this or have noticed it? And is there a way to fix it. For me it seemed to get worse when I upgraded to the latest patch.

-Goob

Talking

I get it took...use to be much worst before the reinstall. Now once in a couple of days.

[AK]NeverRetreat

pixelsponge
    And for some odd reason if I hit my mic key it will return me to the game, sometimes multiple key strokes are required though. Not sure where I read about this, but it might just be psychological. It probably does nothing and I would lose the redjack if I didn't even hit that key.

------------------

One of these days this will work

Bomb

Hmm... anyone else notice that the redjacking usually happens on vehicle maps? I've started to notice that trend, but maybe it's just me and/or power of suggestion, etc...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

I use to clear it the same way as pixelsponge or with the esc button.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb

I noticed it too. The input aquired and unaquired messages show up whenever you press keyboard buttons. You get the aquired message when you press a button and if it does not detect a button press it will be unaquired. This used to happen to me with the Voodoo5 and when it did my framerates sucked and I had red jacking.

Have not noticed it happening since I put in the Geoforce but I have been too stunned with the way things look and move now to check, I will have to take a look at that.\

Yet another in a long list of bugs that the team neads to adress. So glad to hear they are swining into production of an expantion pack (I still have to decide if I am willing to pay them any more money for a clearly unfinished product).

peace,
    [AK]Widowmaker