Thread: Health Insurance!

Health Insurance!

Hey guys,
    Is there anyone here that is self insured for Health Insurance? If so do you have any recommendations for carrier? Who your with? Who you like? Track record, Price exc.. I don’t have Health insurance with the company I am with right now (day job) but I am in dire need. I have had a few quotes but didn’t like there plans. Im also looking for dental plans.

I broke my thumb Friday night again at the club and paying out of pocket for all these injuries is killing me.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

MetLife

And I can get you in contact with a representative rather quickly

**EDIT**

Scratch that, they don't seem to have individual health insurance.
    Last edited by [AK]Choozoo; 08-24-2004 at 11:00 AM.
    **I just have nothing cool enough to put here**

August Knights

Alrighty then, before I answer your question, I have to ask you a couple first:

What in God's name are you doing being a Bouncer without health insurance!?!?!?!?

Second question:
    What do you do during the day?

Now, here is my thinking; you can say that you are a Professional Bouncer, and therefore you can apply to obtain benefits through a group of small business owners. You will probably get your best rates that way.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Devil_Dog
    Alrighty then, before I answer your question, I have to ask you a couple first:

What in God's name are you doing being a Bouncer without health insurance!?!?!?!?

LOL, good money under the table main reason. Second reason, WOMAN!!!
    Third reason, great stress reliever...

I am a professional during the week. I am a Environmental Consultant. Mostly in the area of Asbestos Removal for the school district. I work for a small business which is myself and the owner only (very small :P ). I am a independent contractor through this company which means I get paid by job, and he doesn’t have to carry workers comp insurance. I make more and he saves.

So that is why I have to insure myself ..

I'm pretty sure Costco has a pretty darn good insurance plan set up for small businesses. It's been awhile since I checked it out but I, too, am in need of health insurance for my small company.
    Hasta,
    Boom

Ive just started looking into this for my girlfriend. You would think as a GM she would get it but thats not the case. At least we can afford it nicely. Ill be looking at companies and there plans in the coming weeks.

August Knights

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]FiGHT*CLuB
    LOL, good money under the table main reason. Second reason, WOMAN!!!
    Third reason, great stress reliever...

I am a professional during the week. I am a Environmental Consultant. Mostly in the area of Asbestos Removal for the school district. I work for a small business which is myself and the owner only (very small :P ). I am a independent contractor through this company which means I get paid by job, and he doesn’t have to carry workers comp insurance. I make more and he saves.

So that is why I have to insure myself ..
    I figured you were in it for the women....

You are in an interesting profession. I dated a girl when I was in the Marines that was in charge of an Asbestos Removal Company. They had a contract to remove asbestos from the hundred year old buildings on base.
    She was doing quite well for herself at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Devil_Dog
    I dated a girl when I was in the Marines that was in charge of an Asbestos Removal Company. They had a contract to remove asbestos from the hundred year old buildings on base.
    She was doing quite well for herself at the time.
    I would be the one hired by the military to make sure she did the job correctly. Easiest way to discribe what I do..

Basicly I'm a babysitter to abaitment contractors. Im also there worst enemy lol

This seems to be a good topic about health care.. Hopefully we get a few more imputs.

http://www.aetna.com/index.htm

A buddy of mine suggested them he pays $125 a month for himself and has a reasonably low deductable. Thats all i know at this time other than they are a major player in the biz.