Thread: Sorry I missed practice, still at work.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb Sorry I missed practice, still at work.

Things have been way crazy around here. Lots of sales, lots of business, lots of maddening problems. Ended up getting stuck installing some budgeting software, a printer, and VPN/RAS for a manager who is going on the road to a sales demo. What a pain. It was one of those situations where an hours worth of work took me 4 hours. Nothing went right, None of the software packages were installing, most of the stuff is customized clients from our east coast office and they are all gone in the middle of our afternoon so we are stuck trying to figgure out what custom settings are needed. The printer was refusing to install properly on her Win2k laptop. After I got everything going went to test dial out and the modem refused to initialize or even let itself be reinstalled. Then the SecuRemote installation (VPN client) had its own brand of problems. I hate these last minute "I never used it remotely before but am leaving tomorrow" situations. Oh, and I get to train her on how to dial in remotely in the morning since she "Had to go catch her bus" about 3 hours ago... must be nice. And her plane leaves at noon so she will need to be shown how to use everything early in the morning. /rant off

Still got another hour or so here to wrap up some stuff that should have been done when that critical came across my desk.

The good news is that I am on vacation from this weekend until July 4'th and am not planning on doing a lot of travelling (will be doing some though) so my attendence at practice will not be suffering too much I hope. I will however be sleeping till noon and driking cocktails on the porch while BBQing meat a lot. Might head down to Las Vegas or elsewhere for a couple days. I will spend 3 days or so with my folks to help repair their fence.

Back to work for me,
    [AK]Widowmaker

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    You know, when you have a vacation of that length staring you in the face, a little OT seems a whole lot less frustrating...

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb

It was tiring but the frustration seemes to just melt away...