Thread: Happy Canuck Turkey Day

Happy Canuck Turkey Day

So, tell me my good friends from South Mexico... what do you guys for Canadian Thanksgiving Day? We in the U.S. have been busy scraping our history for revisionism and tomorrow is now 'Indigenous People's Day'. As you can imagine, not everyone is excited about some of these 'new' holidays. But luckily we still have Thanksgiving (though I doubt are kids still dress up like pilgrims and indians).

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts
    (though I doubt are kids still dress up like pilgrims and indians).

I remember those days.....

My guess is they're thankful for american cigarettes. The customs agents are on the lookout for american butt runners. I guess they're tabacco really sucks up there (except in B.C. ehh?) Anyway, happy turkey day up in the great white north!! Have a Kokane for me.
    "]

it's not that the tobacco sucks up here (although I haven't had a smoke in over two years now! ) it's the dang price!! How about $8.00 for 25 smokes??? It's just outrageous the taxes they put on the poor addicts...The government ensures the nicotine..and get it's citizens hooked, then taxes the hell out of them for it...

We have turkey..just like you turkeys down there! Tomorrow I'll be at my parents' where we will be eating turkey, ham, potatoes, yams, brussel sprouts, carrots, broccoli, salad, apples, pies (blueberry, strawberry/rhubarb, pumkin), cakes, and various other things..oh cranberries! and GRAVY!! YUMMY!!!
    The reason (in case anyone is wondering) why we have thanksgiving in Oct instead of Nov. is because our growing season is just wrapping up now..this is when all our crops come in. The States, being slightly more southerly, has a later harvest...and thus a later thanksgiving! But thank you for your kind words guys! Will be stuffing myself silly tomorrow...

I hate to admit it, but all of our harvesting is done as well. Damn northern states...
    It's already snowed a few times this year. Here comes ski season!!
    "]