Thread: Lockups?

Lockups?

What's up with all the lockups during the Sunday practice? Is this a bug in the new patch? Have people seen this outside of the AK servers?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I've had lockups with the new patch from time to time. Not a redjack, the sensor just sticks on a color and you can't move/press any keys in the game. I am able to give a 3 finger salute and reboot however.

------------------
    [AK]Squidly

Yeap, same here.... its definalty an issue that has arisen since the latest patch. DEV team is very aware of it. And they are seeking a solution, but not really talking about it much, so the "when" part is still up in the air. I dont think itll be too long tho.

I personally have had no problems with locking up other then my normal redjacking due to my crappy dsl. I also delete my dso files all the time, but I doubt that has much to do with it.

pix

UPDATE: For those brave souls out there...

Dynamix will make a BETA patch available for download on the
    <spush><color:FFCCAA><a:wwwlink www.tribes2centraldownload.com>Central Download Site </a><spop> sometime tomorrow (June 19th). This patch addresses most of the remaining issues in the game and specifically fixes the ELF crash bug.

This is *not* an official patch, and no support from Sierra will be provided for it. It is recommended for expert users only. This patch is still being tested in-house. We will make it available for download to interested players so we can ensure the best possible quality and compatibility when this patch becomes official.

If you try this patch, and you are not happy with it, a "reverse patch" will also be available on the Central Download Site that will restore your game back to the current version.

We will be setting up a "BETA Patch Feedback" forum for comments about this patch so that we can listen and respond to any issues you may find.

Thanks, all. We want your game to run as smoothly and cleanly as possible.

Again...this BETA patch will be available <color:FFCCAA>tomorrow, June 19.

2nd UPDATE:
    They held off releasing the beta patch till tomorrow...lol whod have ever guessed??

[This message has been edited by [AK]SolarWolf (edited 06-19-2001).]

August Knights

In the T2 news, head dev Qix claims that deleting .dso files is no longer necessary to make a patch stick.