Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get it started

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

It does seem to be an isolated problem that Goob has. I cannot find anything at all on the net about crashes with the full version of the game. It's either hardware specific or a bad CD.

Whatever they put on those CDs for copy protection is really nasty. I hate it when my CDROM grinds on a disc. I initially tried to install T:V from my DVDROM, which is faster. It failed, and I then installed it from my old Sony CDRW drive.

Goob, do you have multiple CDROM drives? Any chance to try it on a different one?
    [AK]Abaddon

Katana May be on to something, I did have the same sort of problem with Sims 2.. Got the No CD Crack and viola it worked.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

August Knights

I have disabled everything running in the background like my AV and FW. I have only tried it on my main cdrom. I could try to start it off my burner.. can't hurt I will also try the res settings to see if that helps too.

I am gonna find the no cd 'Patch' and see if that works. I know there is one out there because there have been a lot of talk about it on the Tribes boards. I played around with the ini files as well to see if I could find some type of 'safe mode' start up with it. Since the game is still new there is 0 support on the sites. Gonna make a call today as well and see if I can get some help with it. Hopefully I can get it licked tonight and finally play. Almost to the point of a complete re-install of my system It has been over a year so it prolly needs to be done anyway.

-Goob

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Yea, I had a bad disk on the first copy of Doom III I got. It was actually a visual manufacturing flaw...

Anyway, I remember that running BF 1942 with my Monitor set to 85HZ refresh rate caused it to bork.

Double check - maybe you have some weird-assed setting. Set it to something mundane like 60 and give it a go. Costs you nothing but 2 minutes time.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.