Thread: Probs with Tribes now...

August Knights

Probs with Tribes now...

Ok I got my new rig all setup and running smooth. I can play T:V now normally with the cd now but after 15-20 min of play I get a gen protection fault and it dumps me out with the bug screen. Anyone have this issue or know of something to try? I am combing though the forums/guides and have not found anyting yet. On my old rig I could play just fine... well with the no-cd crack of course

-Goob

thats a general system stability error that i get when clocking to hard. Have u updated all your drivers?

Get latest Chipset drivers but dont install AGP driver if you have sp2 installed.

Make sure you have latest bios for mobo!
    Last edited by Cruiser; 10-24-2004 at 04:42 PM.

August Knights

Yup I have all the latest via/mb/vid card drivers. Installed XP w/sp2 and it is updated as well. It looks like it is a memory hole or something. It was using like 800+ mb of system ram when it crashed out. I am gonna install something else and see how it runs under this new config.

I just got done trying with the no-cd crack and instead of an error message I got a crash/reboot, which is different than the 7 other stops. GOnna try MP now and see it it works.

as per post above your not supposed to use latest VIA agp driver with SP2! also make sure you flash to latest bios using ABIT's flashmenu. some things to start with.

August Knights

Oh I don't I unchecked it when I installed 4in1 cluster. It was in big black bold letters when I got it from the Abit forums. Still crashes though.... I do have the latest bios as well. v15 I think is the latest.

Perhaps you might try more ram juice. Sometimes the 1 gb kits like a bit more volts even at stock speeds. Page Fault is usually ram error 90% of the time. YOu may need to run SPD timings, try different ram slots or manually use less aggressive timings. reseating the ram a few times can help sometimes even.
    Last edited by Cruiser; 10-24-2004 at 05:49 PM.

August Knights

Well it loked like it was the mem... I upped the voltage and that did not help so I had to bump up the timings a lil bit from 2 to 3. Kinda sucks because the mem is supposed to be rated for low latency. I might send it back if it cant keep up at the default settings... BUT I did finally get to play for like an hour before I called it a night. Thanks for the insight Cruiser

-Goob

Your welcome! Send it back and get the Mushkin or OCZ bro you might of got a bad stick bro. If you do swap for another brand I highly recommend some ram with samsung TCCD chips they are the next BH-5. IE the shiznit.

With the A64's on die memory controller Ram timings arent very critical at all being able to hit high as possible nets much more performance.
    Last edited by Cruiser; 10-25-2004 at 02:35 PM.