Thread: Newest patch - weird lag

RedDot Newest patch - weird lag

Has anybody else experienced strange lags with the new patch? I've experienced this on a number of servers and it seems very intermittant.

1) I'll make a move and then find myself 2 or 3 steps back from where I started from or will jump-up a level and then find myself right back where I was.

2)Things will be going great then I will freeze in mid-action, much like a red-jack but without any indication of one. This will last anywhere from a second or two to half a minute or more. Everyone else on the server seems to be just fine (I can watch them move up on me and blow me away but can't do anything. Sometimes I can use the in game chat while being frozen but not always.

This doesn't happen very often and I have yet to associate it with any particular action in game.

By the by, my computer is back up and running just fine now. I did a complete wipe and reload of T2 and now my buddy filter seems to work for the first time.

------------------
    Lead me not into Temptation......
    for I shall find it myself.

One of the strangest things I've seen so far happened yesterday. Players would join a server (happened on ours, aYg and 5150) and their name would be Null. I'd check status and there would be 3 or 4 of them. Doc Holiday and I talked about it in 5150. He played as Null left game, rejoined and was back as Doc Holiday. It makes it tough when your trying to admin and need to kick a player and there are 5 Nulls.

[AK]NeverRetreat

August Knights

Dr. K, I've had both of those things happen.

I haven't noticed a pattern either, though the bug where I seem to slip one or two seconds back in time seems to hit mostly when I'm moving up inside a tower, like the flag tower in Archipelago. Could be coincidence. I assume it's really a network issue, and not related to the map.

As for the two or three second lockup, I had assumed that was related to players joining the game. Somebody always seemed to join right after it happened. Again, could be coincidence.