Thread: Sunday Practice

ColorLightbulb Sunday Practice

Practice tonight 9PM EST on practice server...invites and recruites welcome. I think our TS servers are both down now which needs to be resolved prior to practice. Email me at callander@adelphia.net if you DON'T know the password.

If we have the numbers, I want to work on two new maps...Death Birds Fly and Archipelago. Neither have we given any time to at this point.

However, if the numbers are low (8 or 9) lets work on Minotaur and Firestorm. I'm looking for both sides O & D to start developing strategies for these four maps. Ladder competition is getting closer and we need to have tactics in place prior to joining.

[AK]NeverRetreat

August Knights

Let's be clear on each map what can be blown up and what can't. I think that not letting the O blow up all available targets isn't very realistic, but I'll abide by whatever the decision is.

June 28th topic "Sunday Practice Guidelines" in private forum area...as follows:

I apologize that I've neglected to do this already. We've done pretty good during practice and well it's time to clarify at least one point.
    Let me first say we are better organized. Offense is well oiled in their efforts and timing on caps is steady improved. We are playing harder as group. Not only have we started working better in our collective groups but as Offense or Defense we seem to have found comfort factors in each others play. This is leading towards better support for the group and each other during practice and scrimmages. We difinitely stepped up a knotch. Communications is streamlined, less chatter, we are learning our canned messages and using them and voice chat is short and sweet. TS is by far the biggest weapon we have outside of our armor and vehicles. We are aggressive during practice. You know how relentless both the d and o have become? I have notice it. Last night battles to the last man. That excites me. Why? The last man get the flag! The last man gets the cap. I've witnessness flag battles in tribes were there were over 20 died bodies around flag in a 10 on 10 game. That is what I see us doing, scraping, fighting to the last ounce of energy/life and never giving an inch. This will serve us well in competition guys.

During maps last night we asked on Quagmire not to rape the base...well that request should have been...Regroup! Which would have allowed the Defense to fix base and set stuff up again. We stopped the game once during Reversion to allow that to happen after the Offense splattered us. Again, my bad for not calling it during Quagmire.

So I just wanted to clarify that during practice if I or one of the captains call a "REGROUP". Play stops, repairs are made, changes to strategy are implemented. On the larger maps this shouldn't happen to often due to the time it takes Offense to arrive at the enemy base. But on maps like Quagmire and others we will use "REGROUP" probably after 3 or 4 Offensive runs or a cap.

[AK]NeverRetreat

Using Zorro's TS base server tonight...IP is

[AK]NeverRetreat

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    What maps are we concentrating on tonight? Are we assuming the usual roles for O and D?

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Nevermind NR. I saw your private post. Archipeligo and Death Birds Fly sound good.
    See ya there!

Correction...we are using Beast's new IP for Teamsound tonight. Address is 128.175.22.250

[AK]NeverRetreat

[This message has been edited by [AK]NeverRetreat (edited 07-15-2001).]