Thread: Cold Mountain

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Cold Mountain

Oh my God this movie SUCKED!! Deanna warned me, she said it won an acadamy award. But would I listen? Noooooo..

Consider this a public service message. Do NOT rent, or even look at the box, of this unbelievable dog. It's not what you think it is.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Yep. It was Oscar bait, and therefore unviewable.
    [AK]Abaddon

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

I did learn some interesting facts though about the Civil War though:

1) In every cabin is one or more attractive woman eager to bump uglies. They're even in the rivers. Bewarned though, those interested in some enjoyable titaliation will be dissapointed. The fleeting moments are definitately not worth the price.

2) The "home guard" were a group of lawful folks dutifully carrying out their duties while conducting acrobatic feats to enhance their torture of their local townsfolk. They particularly enjoy backflips while shooting at youths.

3) You can win an Acadamy award in a movie about the Civil War using non-American's for the lead roles. Painfully bad fake southern accents are no problem.

4) Comon era weaponry was accurate and effective out to several hundred yards.

5) A frontier woman thinks all metal should be banned. Guns have no purpose other than murder. Same for knives. Apparently she must collect and prepare her food and home with wood and love.

6) Lines such as "I'll call this nail the war of Northern Aggression" apparently were common carpenter talk - even before the war started.

7) The movie-law that one of whosoever "makes love" will die. The other, if female, will most certainly become pregnant and succesfully carry the child to birth - and so eternally remember their love. This tired cliche' is still considered orginal and moving.