Thread: A good week for music (a bit off-topic)

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

A good week for music (a bit off-topic)

Fans of Ben Folds Five know that the group broke up some time back. However, Ben Folds has a new solo album (Rockin' the Suburbs) due to hit stores in September. Thanks to the magic of the No MP3s Here forum over at Something Awful, I now have that album.

And....Cake's new album, Comfort Eagle hit the stores today. It's very short, almost disappointingly so--just under 37 minutes long. I'll be setting up AK's unofficial FTP server in the next day or so. If anyone would like, I can put those albums up there for a few days so you can check them out.

Edited to say, even if you have no other interest in the Ben Folds album, be sure to check out track #5, Fred Jones Pt. 2. That song exemplifies everything I love about Ben's songwriting...it evokes extraordinary emotion from an ordinary situation. Right now, I'd say it qualifies as my favorite BF song, and is on my all-time top 5 list.
    Last edited by [AK]The Beast; 07-24-2001 at 02:11 PM.

Im definatly interested in checking out the new Cake album, Im a fairly big fan, and I love the new song "Short skirt and a loooong jacket".

ColorThumbsUp

I just picked up the new Cake album like 30 minutes ago and am listening to it right now, so far I am liking it right away. Also picked up the new radiohead album, but that has been out awhile now.
    pix

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Beast,

I've heard the Ben Folds title track "Rockin the Suburbs" and like it a lot. I've been a BFF fan for some time. I'm also a big Cake fan as well and have been anxiuosly awaiting their next release.

Let me know when you;ve got them up on the ftp server.

Thanks!
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Well, first I have to get the server working, which could be easier said than done. It looks like it's got a bum HD, straight outta the Dell box. They're making me run all their diagnostic programs first before they ship a replacement. Could be another week, even two, before I'm ready to FTP.

Brings me to another point...the FTP is going to be for AK use only. It's going to be fast as all getout, as Zorro can attest, sitting on my work T3 line, but I've got to keep bandwidth usage to a minimum, lest I attract the ire of our Network Services department. Won't be a problem if it's just us, but if other people start coming in, it could cause a real problem. So the IP and password will only be accessible through the private forum. I'll mention this again when it's up and running.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Except that he was talented...
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.