After retiring from the military my dad ([AK]Pops Murphy) worked for DataPoint that made, among other things, computers. I begged and begged for a computer like my friends IBM XT (this is back around 1985). So my dad brought home one of his work computers:

It ran on BTOS and it was completely modular. If the graphics failed, you simply removed that slice and added a new one. The Processor, Hard Drives, Floppy Drive, tape drive, everything... were independent modules that could replaced with the flip of switch. The screen was black/green only. The only thing I could do on it was run BASIC and a game called RATS, the best game EVER!

Later, after a transfer to Compaq in 1988, my dad brought home this beauty:

At 28lbs, this portable from Compaq was dreamy. I could actually plug in a color monitor and it ran Windows! Finally, I could run Falcon 3.0!!!! 8088's rocked!

Odd part of this is that when I joined the Coast Guard, they were using BTOS/CTOS on Unisys versions of the Datapoint computer (Up until 2000!). So while my co-workers were having to learn outdated technology, I was ready to go and quite pleased to move to the head of the class.

What was your first computer???