Thread: Why is this national news?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Why is this national news?

Anyone else notice that at least once a year there's a news story that's mega-important front-page, nation at a stand-still news, that's basically irrelevant? Stories that really are something for page 7 of that local paper, and that's about it. But because everyone else is covering it - everyone else is all over it too. Afterall, no body wants to be left out. It's like some kind of crazy press MOB riot - group mentality that throws reason out the window.

The situation in Florida obviously is sad, and no one should make a mockery of anothers demise. However, why is this front page news? This is completely irrelevant to me, and to the nation as a whole in my opinion. It ranks up there with the baby who feel into the well story, from Midland Texas. Interesting, and tragic in its own way, but really no more relevant than any other local story.

If someone wasn't dying here, I'd be pretty amused by it all.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

It's national news because the useful idiots on both sides of the aisle have made it national news. The GOP in the House actually tried to pass a law to interfere. That's smaller government how? And lined up with Mr. Schiavo we have the usual patchouli-scented ACLU types, vocal as ever.

It's like the commotion about the story made it into national news ... but this sort of thing happens all the time. The news is just that the family members are not in agreement. Frankly, I am not interested, and I'm tired of seeing a huge closeup of that vacant stare every time I check the web for news.

It's really sad for the family ... and I understand that to her parents that's their daughter, alive. I can't imagine how hard it is for them. But I think they are at least a little bit delusional.
    [AK]Abaddon