Thread: SideWinder Game Voice

SideWinder Game Voice

Picked this up today...........its messing with my keeeeeeeeybbbbbbbbbboaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrd.

Say, NR, I hope you're able to resolve the problems with the Game Voice and your keyboard. My experiences in the past with MS based equipement has been that the driver software works well as long as you're using only other MS manufactured peripherals. Sometimes conflicts can be resolved by loading the drivers for the MS stuff first and then loading in any other drivers after.
    [AK]Dr_K

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONS HABES......

August Knights

I've been using the Game Commander, which is a very similar product. I may be able to help. The big points that helped me were:

1) Start TS (or whatever other voice-related programs) before you start the voice controller. Order is very important.

2) The voice controller should have a special recording device driver that it's using. You need to get everything else that's using the microphone to use that same special recording device.

3) When you're putting in commands, think about the phonetic structure of the words you're using. The software has an easy time with hard consonants, but soft sounds get lost. I couldn't get it to recognize 'generator' so I want with 'power' instead, so it could catch the hard 'p' instead of the soft 'g'.

It takes a lot of work to get the voice controller running smoothly, but you'll be glad you did it. The most helpful area is with loadouts. You can map to all twenty of your favorites, and then you can map keys to change the pack and grenades after you've picked the basic loadout.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

August Knights

Make sure to get the latest drivers from the Gamevoice site. It helps resolve some weird issues.

-Goob