Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Abaddon
I don't particularly enjoy paying $3200 in property taxes each year to support schools that I do not utilize.
Hey.. I'm in that boat too! Not to mention the local school board just voted AGAINST property tax relief through funding provided by slot machines because it was 'immoral'. Now, I think the legislation that passed was pretty lame, and I would probably end up paying more in the long run through increased local income tax than what I pay on property tax.. but to use the "immoral" clause as reasoning is just absurd. The real reason is that they would have to meet educational standards and lose control of how they spend "their" money and budgets... God forbid!

It's "immoral" to accept money from gambling but it's perfectly ok to teach a kid how to put a condom on a banana, teach them that Adam & Steve getting married and adopting is normal, and the ever present "everyone is a winner" crap? If you want your kid to grow up a wussy, move to France!

What we need to be doing is sitting some of these kids down in the auditorium and make them watch real documentaries on WWII, the invasion of normandy, and then let them try and explain to you how it's "unfair" that they can't have both an X-Box and a PS2 or have a cellphone, PC, and TV in their bedroom. And then if they still don't understand and are crying/whining.. do what Patton did to the crying soldier!