Thread: Damn liberal media.

Damn liberal media.

They just continue to smear good men.

From the cornerstone of all that is namby-pamby in the world, The Washingon Post:

The Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal reached into the White House yesterday, picking off President Bush's top procurement official -- who just barely had time to resign before being arrested.
    For a White House so desperate to build public confidence in its ability to respond to the Gulf Coast disaster, it doesn't exactly help that the man who up until Friday was overseeing contracting policy for the multi-billion dollar relief effort has now been charged with lying and obstructing a criminal investigation.
    Hasta,
    Boom

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    That a conservative might eventually be proven guilty of something doesn't disprove media bias.

While the sarcastic political hats are on, I'm still wondering what Sandy Berger did with the classified documents pertaining to what specifically Clinton knew and failed to act upon pre-9/11. I'd like to know why big-media is giving him a big fat pass on that.

Seems a bit more important in the grand scheme of things.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Squid:

This isn't a liberal witch hunt that resulted in a low-level functionary taking some heat.

This is David H. Safavian, head of procurement policy at the Office of Management and Budget. OMB are responsible for every dollar our President reqests to spend on behalf of our nation...hired by the President and, by definition, some of his most trusted advisors.

He wasn't arrested by a neutered panel of prissy liberal congressmen grasping at straws and trying to make sensational headlines. He was arrested by Federal Marshalls and led away in shackles. This isn't a partisan thing. Do you think our Attorney General didn't sign off on this?

Our most powerful and influential government officials who DIRECTLY influence all of the pursestrings....the whole enchilada, are now being arrested for corruption.

This is a big deal.

P.S. I thought I'd mention that I acknowledge that your point is correct. That a conservative might eventually be proven guilty of something doesn't disprove media bias. I shouldn't have used an inflammatory and sarcastic subject line. It not only was misleading, but it obscured what I think is a huge story.

After all, we're talking about influence-peddling by people who direct literally trillions of dollars in taxpayer money. This affects not only you and I, but may affect our children and grandchildren for generations to come.

To me, this is important "in the grand scheme of things." Where does the buck stop?
    Last edited by [AK]Sonic Boom; 09-20-2005 at 01:43 PM.
    Hasta,
    Boom

I've got the answer: Blame Nuts.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Who is nuts and abbadon?

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I dunno who 'abbadon' is.
    [AK]Abaddon

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Sonic Boom

He wasn't arrested by a neutered panel of prissy liberal congressmen grasping at straws and trying to make sensational headlines. He was arrested by Federal Marshalls and led away in shackles. This isn't a partisan thing. Do you think our Attorney General didn't sign off on this?
    Uhm, I guess I don't care who signed off on it. I simply don't see what the media has to do with it.

Our most powerful and influential government officials who DIRECTLY influence all of the pursestrings....the whole enchilada, are now being arrested for corruption.
    It appears one guy is in trouble, yes.

This is a big deal.
    Big deal Carl Rove big deal, or big deal Justice Roberts big deal? Because with librals these days getting worked up over damn near everything good, bad, or indifferent, it's sometimes hard to tell.

P.S. I thought I'd mention that I acknowledge that your point is correct. That a conservative might eventually be proven guilty of something doesn't disprove media bias. I shouldn't have used an inflammatory and sarcastic subject line. It not only was misleading, but it obscured what I think is a huge story.
    Bad guys are bad guys, no matter what side of the political fence they're on. We can all agree on that. Now lets be a little careful with the extrapolation, shall we?

After all, we're talking about influence-peddling by people who direct literally trillions of dollars in taxpayer money. This affects not only you and I, but may affect our children and grandchildren for generations to come.
    I don't buy into deficit scare tactics. Save it for someone who hasn't compared the deficit historically as a precentage of our GDP.

To me, this is important "in the grand scheme of things." Where does the buck stop?
    For the left, it always comes back to that. "How can we [insert scare here] blame this on Bush?"
    The sun has fallen down

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Abaddon
    I dunno who 'abbadon' is.
    C'mon, 4 days in bed with a cold.. give me a break. Or is it brake?

At least you're still making money!
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

August Knights

Perhaps I am being naive here, but it seems to me that the Liberals in this country still have an axe to grind from the 2000 election. I look back on the Ginsburg nomiation and I do not see the type of garbage going on like I do with the Roberts nomination. True, the Republicans wanted to ask plenty of questions, but I do not recall all of sudden Senators coming out and saying well, she did not answer the question, I must votee against her...
    The Liberals have defintely become more nasty in their tactics in the past 5 years.
    In regards to how Squidly responded to this post,I think conservatives are becoming more sensitive because of the bombardment of the left.
    I am not an expert on politics, but maybe it's all about taking the white house back for the Liberals...

Still, my hope is that Hillary runs in 2008, they could put Kennedy, err I mean a monkey, same thing right, in there before she would win....

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Let's compare:

Clinton:
    - Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
    - Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
    - Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
    - Number of imprisonments: 14
    - Number of congressional witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 124

Now GWB:
    - Number of any of the above: 1

Squid is right. Bad people do bad things. But Bush has done a good job , in my opinion of putting honest people in his administration.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo
    Let's compare:

Clinton:
    - Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
    - Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
    - Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
    - Number of imprisonments: 14
    - Number of congressional witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 124

Now GWB:
    - Number of any of the above: 1

Squid is right. Bad people do bad things. But Bush has done a good job , in my opinion of putting honest people in his administration.
    Well, there you have it. The numbers prove everything...
    I truly did not have any idea so many people under Clinton got into that much trouble...
    But, when you shun religion, and good moral values, what else are you going to get???

Well, there you have it. Somehow, it must be Clinton's fault.
    Hasta,
    Boom

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Well, there you have it. Somehow, it must be Clinton's fault.
    Very few politicians are 'clean'. That's what makes nitpicking your opponent to satisfy your political agenda problematic.

Back to the original point, it's kind of odd that the story you quoted is getting zero coverage in the print/online/on-air media. Could it be that there's no fire under this smoke?
    The sun has fallen down