Thread: At Last! The 21st Century has finally arrived!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

At Last! The 21st Century has finally arrived!

New years on the centennial change came and went without much real change. However, today, the most Buck Rogers of household convenience items has followed me home! Yes indeed, I purchased my very own house cleaning robot: the Roomba. This little guy is charging up as I type this. Soon he will be whirring about the house, keeping it neat and tidy.

I looked through the attachments list, and I see there are numerous obvious attachments that are not yet available. I look forward to the "Danger Danger Danger" audio feature. I am keeping a sharp eye out for the flamethrower attachment - how could they make such and obvious oversight?

-Clay

[insert signature text here]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Ok, after running it a couple of times, I can say that this thing is way more than just a gimmick. It's done the best job on my carpet than any other vacuum I've ever owned. The best part though is watching the little guy explore. I unleashed him in my upstairs, which has stairs (a cliff to fall off of), several rooms and bathrooms laid out in a tortuous path. It never fell the steps. I was pretty sure the little guy would completely miss at least one bedroom. But nope, He runs around in a semingly random pattern, but remembers every bump. Walls are projected in its memory, and before long you'll watch the little guy run straight up to a wall, at a spot he's never been to yet, stop a fraction of an inch from hitting it, turn, and scoot along the wall without touching it, stop right at the corner, turn, and continue down the hall. This is by far the coolest little piece of tech out there.

Now if only it could mix martinees too.

Sounds pretty impressive. I think I remember seeing a advert or two about it. Does it have a website listed?
    Ditguidice - Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru ///// Soulquencher - Hand of A'dal, Knight Captain.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many comprimisises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assmilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter