• HARMAN KARDON AVR7000

0 0%
  • SONY V444ES

1 25.00%
  • JVC RX-V1000

0 0%
  • ONKYO TX-DS787

0 0%
  • DENON AVR-3802 (am leaning heavily towards)

3 75.00%

Thread: Looking for some input

August Knights

Looking for some input

I am getting to update my home entertainment system and I was wondering if we have any audiophiles out there. I have my receiver choices posted in a poll (what beter way to do it). I am leaning for the Denon 3802. It has the most features and will allow me to grow into it in the future.

I am holding out on speakers for a little while. I have 4 Bose 301's mounted in the livingroom with a JBL center channel. That will do me for now untill the next go around when they will get replaced. I am going to get a sub though.

I have the TV picked out... Toshiba HD 61" projection. Its not a 16:9 because I dont think the need for them is that great right now. True HD is not standardized and there are a few select channles that broadcast it. Even with the letterbox around the tops it will still be a 43-46" picture. I tell you what the sales guys try and sell it to the max too. Every showroom has the 1 digital signal on all the TV's and it will not be like that when you get home.

If you have any experiance with the listed modles of family of receiver let me know. There are too many choices out there. All of these have good reviews from audioreview.com...which makes the decision that much harder.

Thanks in advance

-Goob

Altho Im no audiophile, I do have a Denon receiver hooked up to my DVD player, and Im very happy with it. The 5.1 surround sound kicks major booty.

You know, Goob, as long as you get progressive scan, you'll get impressive video performance from your DVDs and some of the HD channels. Personally, I like the idea of the 16:9 digital televisions. Anything that will help my video performance is good for me. 320 vertical lines of resolution just seems so... archane...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

BTW, I'm surprised I don't see any Carver audio stuff.... that just makes me sad...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Well, I have 2 of the following models that you listed up there..... or at least close to them. I can't remember the exact model name right now. The small living room aka computer room as the harmon kardon speakers. The larger of the 2 has the Sony. Reason for this is basically the Sony is louder without distortion, but the HK has more bass. So with the games, the HK sounds better, but distorts at a lower volume. I mean, it's still really really loud.... don't get me wrong, it's great quality. The extra bass is what probably distorts it faster anyways. So basically the HK sounds better expecially with gaming, the Sony is louder..... with decent bass. As far as JVC, I wouldn't bother with it. I've never cared for JVC, cuz they just don't seem to last. Expecially the speakers. I've only heard the same from Onkyo, but I'm not for sure on that one. Sorry I know nothing about the Denon except for what I've seen in the reviews. I didn't even get to test one out the last time I bought the HK. Oh.... and both the HK and Sony came with speakers, but I may have paid extra for that I'm not sure. 2 wall mounts, 2 floor, and 1 bass tube.
    Is That A Threat!