Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartoons

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar

Cartoons

Here is a link to the Danish cartoons that are getting the Muslim world all upset.

http://pics.livejournal.com/weev/gallery/000038dy

My take - "Lighten up, Saheed!"
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

[insert signature text here]

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    It's refreshing to see Muslims responding with peace and civility. Like a letter to the editor, or something.

Relgion of Peace, my ass!

They routinely mock jews and christians in their newspapers.
    They kill little catholic school girls.
    They burn down churches and kill priests.
    They torture non-muslims
    They behead non-muslims on video-tape.
    They kill non-muslims.

These aren't "terrorists" or a radical fringe movement. The people attacking these embassies are your average, run-of-the-mill Muslims. It's about time America woke up.

And from Wikipedia, "Muslims do not accept any icon or color as sacred to Islam, as worshipping symbolic or material things is against the spirit of monotheism"
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 02-06-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117....html?from=rss

Iran is completely unhinged. They are investigating the Holocaust as if the fact that it happened is not a forgone conclusion. These are the new Nazis, and if Western civilization doesn't act soon, it will be too late -- just as it was in WWII.

All this rioting over cartoons just proves once again that there is no such thing as moderate Islam, and the Islamofascists' capacity for hypocrisy is truly beyond belief; Arab papers print horribly anti-Semitic cartoons every day, but printing depictions of Muhammad is punishable by death according to Sharia law, which Islamofascists seem to think applies to all peoples of the world. An epic clash of civilizations is upon us, and all the delusional multicultaralists among us need to come to their senses.

The funny thing is that the cartoons depict Islam as violent. Muslims are offended so they do what? Become violent. HAHAHAHAHA

And here's the sad thing:
    A local San Francisco paper's website has a poll up...

"Do you sympathize with Muslims protesting over the Danish cartoons?
    75% responded with "No, satire is part of the modern world."

And that, ladies and gentlemen is the true problem. The Arab world is about 400 years behind the west. All of their buildings, communications, sewers, power plants, everything... was built and is mainted by westerners. They simply don't understand or live in the modern world. And as soon as we get off oil, the Middle East will finally be back where it belongs... in the stone age.
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 02-07-2006 at 05:57 AM.

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar
    I looked at the cartoons and a couple I guess could be considered offensive. That is why you sit down and inteligently write out your complaints and have an intellectual conversation about it. From what I have seen they have done none of that. Seems to me they just want an excuse to riot and cause mayhem. Then that is just my view on it.

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    File this under "What Not to Wear to the Local Mosque"

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/2/inktomi343238.php
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I heard, and have yet to confirm, that Muslims aren't supposed to look at drawings or representations of Muhammad. True?

any depiction of the Prophet Mohammed is considered blasphemy, I can't really think of a cultural equivalent.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    ...being dragged kicking and screaming into this century.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

hell, even dragging their stone-age asses into this millenium would be an improvement.
    [AK]Abaddon

It is nice to see so many people who so clearly understand that we are in a real global conflict with the Islamic fascist terrorist and that its not just some kind of "wag the dog" trick dreamed up by the Bush administration. Too many people misunderstand the civic virtue of tolerance.

In the England during the many years of conflict between Catholics and Protestants the idea of civic tolerance for each others religous beliefs really became refined and adopted as a prime tenant of our western civilization. At first it was a tolerance between rival protestant sects who sometimes found themselves in violent conflict. When faced with the very real and dangerous threat of the Catholic church the protestant sects found that they would have to become tolerant of the many differences in theology between the sects or they would all be destroyed.

The Catholic church at that time refused to tolerate the heretic branches of Christianity and was dedicated to their complete destruction. The early Protestants understood that tolerance had to be accepted by all sides to work as a civic virtue. Believing in religous tolerance is not supposed to be a suicide pact but a mutual compromise for the greater good of everyone. It was not until the religous wars had burned out so many generations that the tolerance originally practiced between Protestant sects could be extended to include Catholics. Now with few exceptions Catholic and Protestant Christians live side by side in a civilized mutual respect.

You don't get to choose unilaterally that peace and tolerance will rule the day. If you could Israel would have had peace fifty years ago. Until the Muslims themselves decide to join the civilized world and respect the rights of other cultures we have no choice but to fight them. Don't think for a moment that the end will result inevitably in a triumph for the west. Although we have the wealth and the technology they have time and population growth on their side. By 2020 there will be more mosques in Europe than Christian churches. Civilized western people are committing cultural suicide by failing even to replace their own populations. This is why Europe is so addicted to non-western mostly Muslim "guest workers" to prop up their bloated social programs. It is also why the United States requires so many illegal immigrants. The West, especially in Europe, seems to be passing away like the elves sailing off into the west from Tolkien's LOR. Pray that enough people wake up and see the threat before the civilization that has given mankind the greatest individual freedom and prosperity in the entire history of mankind is just dreamed away without a fight.

In grade school the well meaning teachers taught us that "Violence nevers solves anything." This may be a comforting thought and no doubt helps reduce conflict in a civilized society but in the harsh "real" world it is a dangerous lie. The cold hard truth is that violence ruthlessly and efficiently applied is the very foundation of all governmental power and the genesis of every nation state in existance. If you doubt it just ask a Carthaginian.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I think Jaeger has read some Heinlein. And that's a good thing.
    [AK]Abaddon

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Maniacal Islamofreaks stole Ronald McDonald's shoes, then beheaded the unfortunate merrymaker, who, in a remarkable display of resilience, grinned the entire time. It's getting serious now; Big Mac enthusiasts everywhere want blood.