Had another 'episode' of disorientation yesterday morning before my 8:15 Dr. appointment. Went to the Dr. and he immediately sent me to the hospital where I spent most of the day. Temp was 102+ and my heart rate was all over the place.

They administered over a bag of IV fluids as I was severely dehydrated. They took several blood samples, swabbed my throat, nose, took chest X-Ray, etc. After about an hour or two, my heart rate returned to a more normal pattern and I was feeling a bit better, of course the Vicodin probably had something to do with that which they gave me for all the pain I was having. My request for Morphine was denied.

Bad News: Positive for Influenza A
Good News: Negative for Strep, Bronchitis, etc.

Good News: Although I was a bit out of it, there were a couple of pretty cute nurses (although seemingly very cold hands).
Bad News: Wife was there and none of them would disrobe for me to test if the heart monitor was functioning properly or not.

Nothing like blowing a whole week of sick time in February. At least we are off Monday for Presidents day and I get an extra day of recouping. Feeling a bit better today, but just very drained. And for the record, you can only drink so much Gatorade before you are totally sick of the stuff.