Thread: EA postponed the Euro Force Booster Pack

EA postponed the Euro Force Booster Pack

Euro Force Booster Pack held back due to issues with latest patch; no new release date announced.
    If you're a Battlefield 2 player, no doubt you were looking forward to the forthcoming Euro Force Booster Pack. The $9.99 download will be the first of a series of premium content updates, adding several new weapons, vehicles, and kits to the popular PC shooter. Available only via the publisher's EA Downloader service, it was set for release...today.

However, yet again, the Euro Force Booster Pack has been told to stand fast by its publisher, Electronic Arts, and developer, Digital Illusions CE (DICE). During yesterday's President's Day holiday, EA posted an update on the Battlefield 2 Community Web site ( http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...yupdate_022006 )saying the expansion has been delayed until an undisclosed date.

EA said the reason it pushed back the release was to give itself time to work out problems caused by the recent v1.2 patch for Battlefield 2. "Although patch 1.2 included several fixes that we know were eagerly awaited, it unfortunately introduced some new issues," read a note on the site. "These are being addressed immediately and we are working around the clock to resolve those. Patch 1.21 (coming soon) will be tested...to ensure a clean release of 1.21. In addition, we have decided to postpone the Euro Force Booster Pack until sometime after the release of the updated 1.21 patch."

The update tried to end on "a more pleasant note" by announcing the game had reached a new record of 52,000 simultaneous players. "This is the highest number of players we've seen at one time for Battlefield 2 and almost four times more than the peak number of Battlefield 1942," said the site.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Community Update - 2/20/06

Listen up Troops,

Although patch 1.2 included several fixes that we know were eagerly awaited, it unfortunately introduced some new issues. These are being addressed immediately and we are working around the clock to resolve those. Patch 1.21 (coming soon) will be tested in a limited beta with select Battlefield community members starting as early as this week. We’re doing this to ensure a clean release of 1.21. In addition, we have decided to postpone the Euro Force Booster Pack until sometime after the release of the updated 1.21 patch.

Stick to this web space for additional information soon.

On a more pleasant note, Battlefield 2 hit somewhat of a milestone last night with over 52,000 simultaneous players. This is the highest number of players we’ve seen at one time for Battlefield 2 and almost 4 times more than the peak number of Battlefield 1942.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

The team at DICE and EA

The funny thing is that the original post on EA's site said, "We're working around the cock"

hahaha.

Of course the problems around the 1.2 patch are:
    1. They broke screenprint (probably to prevent users from showing them the other bugs)
    2. They still haven't fixed the red/blue tag bug (despite a promise)
    3. AT rounds fly through targets
    4. Server browser blows

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I had thought I had patched my game to 1.2 but I didn't notice any changes. Then slowly but surely more and more servers were just not showing up on the screen. The patch actually didn't apply to my game. And I've removed and reinstalled four times now with no success. I'm really getting fed up with this.

Nuts... Where have you been?

Super busy... I leave for Brisbane Australia later this afternoon and ride a ship from there down to Botany Bay. 6 days out of the office, so I'm trying to get caught up on work and complete as much homework for school as possible before I leave. I'll be online more when I get back. Plus the Mrs and lil'nuts are going to visit family for 2 weeks in March... I'll be gaming every night!

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]StitchJones
    I had thought I had patched my game to 1.2 but I didn't notice any changes. Then slowly but surely more and more servers were just not showing up on the screen. The patch actually didn't apply to my game. And I've removed and reinstalled four times now with no success. I'm really getting fed up with this.
    I had a really hard time installing the patch also Stich. I ended up dling the full patch and doing a complete reinstall.
    I installed bf2, then the full patch, then Special forces, then the full patch again and it worked.. After 4 tries this is the one that finally worked for me.
    Couldnt believe I had to go through all that but it finally worked.

one easy way to know if your patched is to jump and try and shoot. you no longer can shoot while in the air.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    When your in the main screen for the game what is the full version number of the game that displays? Mine has alwasy been the 1.1.2.xxxx.528.0
    I was on the phone with EA support twice now over this. And it looks like I have to pull the whole damn game off my machine, and also remove the application cache folder from my %profile% directory. I just haven't done that yet cause I got fed up and started playing F.E.A.R. multiplayer to help cope with missing out on all the BF2 fun.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Another example of how EA ruined this game and this whole franchise. Damn shame.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Working as intended.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would release ANOTHER Battlefield game without working out the bugs and performance issues. Didn't Battlefield Vietnam teach EA anything?

It's not just EA ... this type of behavior is typical of game developers today. They foist off their unfinished games to us for $60 a pop, and we beta-test them for years to get the bugs out.
    [AK]Abaddon