Thread: Greetings from OZ

Greetings from OZ

So here I sit in Brisbane. The Hilton charges $25.00 a day for internet access, and a call back to the US is $8.00 a minute. The good news is that my blackberry works and voice is only $1.95 minute.

Luckily I quit playing WOW, otherwise I would be tempted to get online and play, instead, I'm going to go check out the sites and get some food.

nuts

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Sounds Awesome Nuts. I just got back from a very rough 1 week trip to Amsterdam and area

Post pics of Oz.
    [insert signature text here]

Things to know:
    1) Weather men are stupid
    2) Always be prepared

So, it was supposed to be in the 70's here in Brisbane... instead it's in the mid 80's with high humidity. Hence, my jeans and steel-toed work boots are a bitch to be wearing around town. I had shorts all ready to pack but changed my mind at the last minute. WRONG IDEA! Oh well. Maybe I can take one of those driving tours of the area. Nope. I was the only one to sign up and they aren't going to do a solo sight-seeing trip. BUMMER. Next... I left the travel power adpater for work's laptop at work. Took me hours to find one around town (Most things aren't open on Sunday).

So, what do we have? Stuck in a hotel for another 24 hours. Good news is that I was able to walk around a bit this morning before it got hot and the local Fox channel (there's like 4 of them, imagine that) is running a Simpson's marathon all day long. The Bisbane Museum opens in a few hours, that should help kill some time.

Here's a photo out my window of the skyline. Lots of construction!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts
    Things to know:
    I had shorts all ready to pack but changed my mind at the last minute. WRONG IDEA!
    Always bring a shorts style swimsuit. Takes very little room and can double as shorts for around town and the gym. And yes, even if you don't *think* you'll do the gym - you'll never know when you get a wild hair.
    [insert signature text here]

The good news is that it cooled down. The bad news is that it's cooler because of the thunderstorm. Weeeee.