Thread: Sniper Tips

Sniper Tips

I was a big fan of sniping in Bf42 but I haven't really taken the time with the class in BF2. One major thing I notice is the scope and where the bullet actually goes. Is there a slight deviation on it or am I just crazy?

Also any basic sniper tips you guys have would be great. It's the only class I haven't really experiemnted with and I figured nows as good a time as ever.

And also I do have the M95 unlock, again, not sure if thats the best gun to be using when sniping.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

There are a couple of guides out there including some that show the 'best' spots to snipe from (some being quite difficult to get to). As for me, I snipe and move. As the victim of a sniper, I usually make it my job to hunt him down, so be sure that as the sniper, you move around.

I place claymores around me as well to fend off the "I'm going to knife that guy" guy.

Don't snipe from obvious places (cranes, roof tops). Instead, find nice little dark places to hide. Areas close to out-of-bounds, behind the enemy main flag, or from extreme distances. Don't forget, they can hear your shots, so the further away from your target, the better.

The MEC sniper reloads quick.

If you're going for your explosives badge, I recommend playing 64 player Warlord and just using claymores all over the palace... easy kills.

In SF, the sniper gets the zip line which make it fun to get to some interesting places, adding a whole new dimension to the game.