I received my new D-Link DGL-4300 Router yesterday and hooked it up to my Zoom X5 DSL Router/Modem which is now in full bridge mode. It took some tinkering but I finally got my PCs up and working, and my 1 of my 2 print servers. I have an old D-Link print server which has no auto-reset feature and I had enabled a static IP for it. I'm now using DHCP with fixed IP assigning - so I'm having trouble accessing that print server since it's number is outside the current domain. Easy enough to fix... I just need to save my current settings for the router, reset it to factory defaults, and configure it so I can get to the print server and adjust the settings.

However, I was and still am having a really weird problem on my primary machine. Whenever I plug the ethernet cable for that PC into the router, it crashes the PC instantly. I can repeat it every single time. Plug it in, and the PC crashes and reboots. The PC then never completely reboots.. it just recycles the crash-reboot as it tries to load the network items. Unplug the cable, PC is fine.

Now, I also have a Linksys router/hub connected to the DLINK, and if I plug my primary PC into that, I have no problems whatsoever.

I "think" it may have something to do with gigabit ethernet, as this PC is the only one on the network that has a gigabit ethernet port and this is my first gigabit router - but I have no idea how to resolve the problem. I tried the ethernet cable that came with the router and that didn't make a difference. I emailed DLink tech support late last night, and I searched the FAQs and knowledge base but didn't come up with anything.

Otherwise, the router seems to rock and you can configure the thing in a million different ways and it's not too hard once you get the gist of the various areas in the interface.