Thread: Squad Up!

Squad Up!

Squads make the biggest difference in the game and is the one aspect that really sets it apart from BF:1942/DC. Today while pubbing I was the Squad Leader ofr 5 guys on SF: Mass Destruction (the one with the missle silo). As Spetsnaz, we have the one uncap and have to take 7 flags to win. My squad stayed right on me as we just went flag jumping in jeeps. The minute we'd cap a flag, we'd all jump in our rides and beat feet to the next flag, never challenging or defending. We never went after the Rebel main or any flag under contest (basically just the center (silo) and the far west and east). We never engage tanks or choppers. If I died, sometimes I would start off in our main and take the far-east out-of-bounds route to the east flag... squad mates spawning in on me as I drove. Although the rest of my team sucked, my squad dominated the map and I ended up with best: teamwork, medic, revive, heal, flag cap, and transport.

I can only imagine doing this with AKers... everyone fixed on common goals. Everyone as medics or engineers and working fast and hard... it would really rock.

But my point is: squads work as long as they work together.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    I agree. The only problem we seem to have when there are 5 or 6 of us on at once is all getting on the same side. I wish these games were smart enough to look at the player names, see the clan tags, and try assigning all players with the same tag to the same side. This would make forming sqauds of 5 or 6 much easier and would also help us as a team as we learn to play together.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Bribo, You can get everyone on one squad. The squad leader starts a squad then only invites who he wants, if someone outside joins it, the the squad leader may kick him from the squad so as to make it only AK members. Once all have joined then the squad leader locks the squad which prevents others from joining it.

I have gotten pretty quick at it and now that I am finally home, I will be able to set this up in game when needed...