Thread: 'Disproportionate' in What Moral Universe?

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar

'Disproportionate' in What Moral Universe?

Another great piece by Krauthammer:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...072701725.html
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Yep. Interesting how so much of the media condemns Israel. There was nothing disproportionate about their response.

The Hezbollah vermin could have averted the whole thing by returning the men they kidnapped and ceasing hostilities. They counted on Israel to be passive. They counted wrong (shameless plagiarism there).
    [AK]Abaddon

I dont think Israel should have been so appeasing over the last couple years but to say the capture of 2 soldiers justifies a war is ludicrous.

This was simply a catalyst to get them out of the appeasement mindset and back to the bloody eternal fight for real estate.

Israel is like our mini me now when you look at all the sorted armament, sorties flown etc. Its nuts!

/sigh

I still think we have entirely to much to do with things that arent of our concern in that part of the world. Greed and personal gain are ultimately what powers the engine not morality.

The terrorist card is real yes but far over exaggerated much like communism was thru the cold war era.

Israel is unlike us is in 10x more immediate danger. If not for our meddling woudl they be such an enemy one has to wonder.. Where they can somewhat justify preemptive's we could not and still cant make a solid case for our moves in Iraq just like we couldnt in Vietnam. If you point to rare twice annual radical battle cry vids then ill point you to Johnson vids saying the same kinda bullshit in the 60's about "commies" and "terrorist" that never really amounted to crap.

The mentality of Johnson (also from texas oddly enough) is appalling and if you have ever heard the convo's between him and Mcnamara you would see what i mean. Bush is much more concise and dare i say relates to the american people better but has a very similar way about him.

Explain to me how hitting Iraq has any dam thing to do with terrorist and ill show you a Saudi Arabia that prolly contributes 50x more to the MINORity terrorist causes. Why not invade them ?? Could in be OUR interest tied up there? Of course!

Israel is acting much the way we did in response to 9/11 except argueably they are actually justified and at least are hitting that which truly threatens them where we are just going in totally misguided and cant even raise a finger to the enemy if we wanted to.

Exaggerating yet again a MINOR threat to the world so we can fix some of our mistakes, protect our misguided interest, finishing daddy's work and just generally meddling with that which we shouldnt is the name of the game IMO. Israel is an extension of all that were involved in in them partstho there history goes far deeper then our meddling for sure.

Failed foriegn policies just continue to bring about bloodshed and as such all to many people still buy into the bullshit that is slung to justify these actions.

The amount of damage caused by our governments global pursuits is amazing, just friggin amazing. Sadly more often then not these pursuits have nothing to do with average american's thoughts and opinions either. Where and when did it become our place to ARM Israel to the TILT is waht i want to know. How would things be if not for this??

Lead the world by example in many ways we do indeed. Force our will as an imperial monster we do as well. Israel is a satelite of this.
    Last edited by Cruiser; 07-30-2006 at 08:32 PM.